Ohlins Shock Springs

Greg Field

DO any of you have a source for deciphering the numbers on Ohlins shock springs?

The spring in my now leaking again Ohlins has number 1091-26185 L511. Anybody know what rate it is?

WHat rate do some you others use?

Thanks!

Hey Greg, the 1091 is the spring size. I think you miswrote the whole number, as it's probably 1091-26/85 L511

That means it's an 8.5 Nm spring, and I put an 11.5 Nm on my V11. I weigh 230 lbs so you'll probably need to split the difference. It sure made a huge, positive change once swapped. Call Ohlins, ask for Doug Shaw or David in motorcycle division, tell em John-Mark Arechiga sent you. They have dealer pricing, so get hooked up if you're not already.

dk

The 1091 refers to the diameter and the length(160mm) of the spring. Almost all Ohlins springs have a diameter of 57mm so that’s easy, the 1091 in this case means it has a 160mm length (when not on the shock)

26185 must read 26/85 spring rate in lbs/nm where 85 means 8.5 nm And thats just wat I have.

Can I just ask that more info might be added to this thread

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=6534&st=0

to try to keep it together?

Mistakes can be pointed out and any suggestions for editing are welcome.

...it's an 8.5 Nm spring, and I put an 11.5 Nm on my V11. I weigh 230 lbs so you'll probably need to split the difference.....

Sounds about right. I weigh around 210lb w/gear & put on a 10 N/mm (referred to as 100 rather than 85) spring. Much better, tho I might be better off w/slightly stiffer say 10.5. I ride mostly solo, no luggage.

Do you have shock protected from road crap? It's worth sticking a guard in front of wheel.

KB :sun:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...