Winterizing my Guzzi

Ahoy heathens of the north.......

Knowing the importance of keeping the 93 octane from becoming varnish

in the injectors and the dry cell from becoming a boat anchor I jumped on the LeMans

for a quick run around the block. @ 31 degrees I headed out to the oposite side of town

but the Guzzi had differnt ideas and headed for Rt. 49 and up to 2 Brothers.

Managed to put 48mi on and drain some petrol out of the tank for my long put off

winter maintenance. (the guzzi shut off petcock only being a petrol "slow down" petcock)

Stoped in @ 2 brothers for a Harpoon and a Jamesons and the lovely company of miss Tricia who made

the delightful Freudian slip of saying "babysitting...I mean bartending... on Sat night" Big Laughs.....

Gleefully snatching gears and carving corners on the way home (as well as I thought 30deg. pavement would allow,)

I, for the 200th time, reflected upon.....what is it? Why am I out here trying to use some sixth sence to

see around the next corner,.. is there's any ice there.?

Then there is no ice...there's only shake, rattle and roll.

Buddha found enlightenment under the banyon tree...he didn't stop and say "why do I find enlightenment here under this stupid tree?" Thats the difference between Buddah and me I guess...he's always just around the next corner.

Knowing the importance of keeping the 93 octane from becoming varnish

in the injectors

I prefer Aviation Gasoline. It is 100 octane (equivalent to about 92 or 93) and is formulated to sit in a fuel tank for long periods of time. Many general aviation aircraft sit for monthes and monthes and never have problems with fuel unless contaminated from an external source.

Jim

I prefer Aviation Gasoline. It is 100 octane (equivalent to about 92 or 93) and is formulated to sit in a fuel tank for long periods of time. Many general aviation aircraft sit for monthes and monthes and never have problems with fuel unless contaminated from an external source.

Jim

I think if you can get "pure" gas as they call it here you will get less problems with that, I just use premium add some stabil and run almost all the gas out anyway. They sell your so called 100 octane race gas for offroad use only and double whatever the current price per gallon is.

I get my gas at a gas station.

Driving down the road, need gas, there's a station. pull in. fuel up.

It likes 93 or 91 oct. Pings a little on 89...but.. I'd be more apt to put 2 head gaskets

in to reduce compression so my Guzzi would run on 87 Oct. than put AV gas in.

I think it's a tractor/ ditch pump ...and I love that. :mg: