Quill

steffen

Does anybody have experience with the quill silencers?

On their website http://www.quillexhausts.com they state that the EVO2 exhaust (fits the v11) will work, and as they say:

No need to re-jet

No need to re-fuel

Race can performance

From what I've read on this forum so far, I'll have to question those statements.

Does anybody know if I'm right in being sceptic?

By the way I'm eagerly awaiting spring, so I can take my absolute new (to me), green v11 for a first ride :bike:

Report will follow.

Steffen, Denmark.

Does anybody have experience with the quill silencers?

I put a Quill system on my Breva 1100 last year. I can say that:

* The system fitted the bike perfectly

* Weight was reduced by about 3 kilos

* It required NO fuel or air adjustments at all

* The performance of the bike was noticeably better throughout the rev range

* Throttle response was much crisper

* Fuel consumption was improved - not hugely, but definitely improved!

* It reduced the snatchy throttle response significantly

* The centre stand was able to be retracted about 2cm higher than with the stock exhaust, which entirely removed the problems I'd had with the centre stand grounding-out on lefthand bends

* The bike's appearance was enhanced - subjective observation, but important to me as the owner and rider!!! - make your own judgement from the attached picture

Quilled_Breva_02.jpg

Most important of all - Jim Baines (Quill owner) and his team are a great bunch of chaps who gave me every confidence that their claims for the Quill exhaust were justified - and I have no connection with them other than that of an extremely satisfied customer

I'm a little confused by their website - for the V11 they state single exhaust, can't imagine they would be charging $800-1100 for one muffler, where other bike dual systems are about the same. GuzzBun, what was their price for the two mufflers for your Breva, and did you get a whole exhaust system or just the mufflers? Thanks, Joe

I'm a little confused by their website - for the V11 they state single exhaust, can't imagine they would be charging $800-1100 for one muffler, where other bike dual systems are about the same. GuzzBun, what was their price for the two mufflers for your Breva, and did you get a whole exhaust system or just the mufflers? Thanks, Joe

Joe, the Breva comes from the Guzzi factory with a two-into-one exhaust system as original equipment, so the Quill system replaced that. What I got was a 'Y' piece which replaced the OEM collector box, and a much smaller and lighter silencer. The total cost was £355 (about $600?) and that included fitting and testing for leaks etc.,

My V11 Scura has twin pipes and silencers, as original, but Quill do a two-into-one system for that model too, works out quite a bit lighter, and from what I hear, gives very good performance too. I haven't tried it 'cos I have the MG race chip and titanium cans on my Scura, which do a brilliant job - I don't believe they could be bettered - and at just over £1000 that should be the case!!!

I stress that the system as fitted to my Breva required no adjustments to the fuel/air/chip settings - it really was 'fit-and-ride-away'!

Give Jim or his son a call on +44 (0)1942 721 744 - they're very helpful, and will no doubt be able to answer any questions you have.

Hope this helps!

Has anyone seen the silencer for the 1200 S made by Mistral? Very nice old skool style in carbon fiber, I wish they made that style for the V11. Joev11 I was confused with their site as well, I assumed it refered to a single can system as opposed to a 2 into 1 system