what color to paint sport

Guest citimoto

Guest citimoto

I am finally getting around to making my crashed 2000 v11 sport not only run well but look the part. I have ordered a tailpiece from Paolo at Rossopuro as well as other assorted red shiny bits. The original color was silver which looks great with the red frame. The gas tank is still pretty much scratch free but if Im going to have to paint the tail I probably should do the whole thing. First, any idea of the silver paint code? Second, any other suggestions for colors? id still like to keep it somewhat classic/cafe racer looking.

Chris

Guest citimoto

Personally I would go for Ohio State Crimson and Silver, but you may like Tar Heel "smurf" blue :D

Should we really be talking about Ohio State due to events in recent memory? I think I posted this in the wrong forum.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same shoes you are citimoto. First I was thinking of british racing green with a white racing strip, or just flat black with a red strip. Then I relized that the goose need to be red. So maybe wine berry red. then when I was at the shop a FJR1300 with the wine berry red with a metalic flake on it pulled up and that's as fare as I am right now.

So if anyone has any pics of aftermarket paint job on guzzis, PLEASE POST!

Guest citimoto

Yeah thanks Big help. Isnt the paint code for Pink F.U.? Im thinking of Red but with the Red frame I keep going back to Silver.

oh ya, that really constructive. Thanks guzzirider. :grin::grin:

Just playing with you guzzirider. :bier:

citimoto, if you got the red frame why not go with the green paint. :P: I've thought about doing this with the Lemans, but then I'd have to strip eveything down and I'm just to lazy for that. also I'd have to go naked and I REALLY enjoy the fairing.

Ciao

Z

Guest redguzziv10

if the original colour was silver, just paint some of it.

The original "non-red" on my old Centauro didn't last too long.

Kawasaki Ninja Blue / Silver

guzss25uv.th.jpg

I'm thinking a pearl white would set off the red frame nicely. Whether to make the valve covers red or the pearl white is up for discussion.

Yeah, with Italian flag red and green stripes down the middle of the the fenders and tank. :helmet: Joe

Black. Satin, maybe flat. Be bad. Be very bad. :ninja:

Or you could paint it up like Enzo's disaster. :vomit:

Smurf blue is nice... add some pink touches... how about smurf blue with a pink and white checker stripe?

You could paint it like a Tenni (code is in their area somewhere). I built Tenni #666 so maybe you could build Tenni # 667. May as well just paint daisies and happy faces all over it though...

It's got a hemi - paint it Plum Crazy Purple. With bumble bee stickers.

British racing green is just wrong on anything that isn't Lucas equipped.

Better stick to black. Can't f@@k up black.

Have I helped? :)

Rj

I like the Smurf idea myself.

Or maybe paint it into some American Chopper style themed bike- the "Fyffes yellow banana bike" or maybe the "Heinz Red Ketchup bike" (complete with 57 varieties logo on the tank). I think the "Rampant Rabbit pink Italian vibrating bike" may be going too far.

Joking aside, I reckon a nice dark metallic green would be nice- or maybe a plain burnt orange with grey valve covers and wheels.

Guy :helmet: