Harley Texture black paint

KiloSjon

I'm working on some parts of the bike that should be black, but are flaky and corroded. Managed to remove the old paint, and wanted to buy a spraycan of black paint, but the harley dealer here doesn't have it and doesn't want to order it because the minimum order quantity is 4. (and the price would be 35euro's/45dollars a can!)

I googled the typenr 98606bf, but it seems that there are no online shops in Europe selling it (and able to ship to the Netherlands). I did find a shop in the US, but they charge at least 35dollars to ship to the Netherlands...

Anyone any suggestions where and how to buy it?

Thanks,

Mark

hmmm, I just sent an e-mail blast to a couple of harley dealers I could find, and one of them has it in stock. The dealer where I went earlier today raised the impression that it was not normal for Dutch harley dealers to have it in stock, but HCS in Zoetermeer has it. I will go and get it there (also cheaper, "only" 29 euros...)

• 1 month later...

Hi .. is this Harley paint high temp rated? I mean painting it on the engine .... :sun:

Cheers

Cat

You can use it for the engine. There are some other threads on it, use the search to find them... (it requires a lot of patience to put on 4 or 5 thin layers, but the end result is really cool...)

I would be careful spending the time and money to ship this stuff a long way. New cans of it are prone to not spray (defective). I have to take a couple back before I got one that sprayed properly. The dealer knew the problem before I mentioned it as I brought it out of the bag upon return. Must be very common... especially for the Wrinkle paint.

you did try the harley shop in eindhoven, near my home?

No, and since I was free (and did not have to go to Eindhoven for work) Zoetermeer was closer... On the other hand, a visit to eindhoven could have been combined with a 'bakkie' at your place... :D

Don't ask me the name, but a dealer in Apeldoorn does have this paint.

I didn't buy it because I found this to difficult to apply on the engine.

This paint does have a temperature index to be apply on the surface.

Very important detail!!! Ask the dealer for more details…

I already bought the paint but thanks for the suggestions (you also Guy). The temp really is important, and therefore I heated the garage until nice temperatures. Worked very well, but if you rush it, it will become plain matte black.

Will post some pictures shortly on the result...

Mark

BTW...

I have noted that some users in here prefer the HD Texture Black... Now that I have completed my refinishing job... in my humble opinion, this texture paint is barely more than flat black. I beleive my future choice would be the Wrinkle Black. :bike:

BTW...

I have noted that some users in here prefer the HD Texture Black... Now that I have completed my refinishing job... in my humble opinion, this texture paint is barely more than flat black. I beleive my future choice would be the Wrinkle Black. :bike:

I do not agree, when the temperature is too low, or the applied layer is too thick, it becomes flat black, but if you dust it in a warm garage and are patient between te layers (which you where, I know, but I barely wasn't) then I think the result is much more than flat black (see pic)

IMG_1705.JPG

The temp really is important, and therefore I heated the garage until nice temperatures. Worked very well, but if you rush it, it will become plain matte black.

Mark

I live in the tropics, average temperature of 29 degrees celcius. Need I warm anything other than my desire to get the texture paint on nicely? :food:

Thanks

Cat