Power Commander maps

Tom M

Short story: Would anyone out there be willing to share their Power Commander map with me for a bike with the following setup?

2002 LeMans (no front crossover), Ferracci crossover, open airbox, either stock or Ti ECU.

Apparently Guzzitech doesn't share maps anymore and there isn't much at the PowerCommander site.

Long story: The previous owner of my bike had a custom PC map done after he fitted the MG Ti exhaust and "race" ECU along with a K&N panel in the stock airbox. The bike pinged a lot around 5k rpm when I bought it. Other than the 5 grand pings the bike runs great. I manually tweaked the map in the problem area and eliminated most of the pinging, but now that I've added an aftermarket crossover and done the Phil A airbox mod I suspect that I'll need to address the map again.

Since I've heard of other Ti ECU owners having pinging problems in the same rev range I'm thinking of going back to the stock ECU plus a downloaded map to see if the Ti ECU's timing curve is responsible for my pings. I'd be happy to get a look at or try someone else's custom map for the Ti ECU too.

Any help would be appreciated :)

PS valves are set to world spec and no apparent air leaks. Plugs look a little on the rich side. Decarbon procedure had no effect on pinging.

Tom, I have one that should be pretty close for you. PM me with your email. I would suggest that others go ahead and send you theirs if they have a close match and you can choose the best. Best of luck!

----------

Really wish we could start a PCIII map database in the Fileshare section. There have been a few misc posts like the one below....but the links are now dead. I never had luck with the Dynojet folks....I submitted two custom maps from different bikes and they never posted them.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1020

Many people already own a PCIII with a map that works well....but then they make a few mods and could benefit from an updated map that gets them a 90% solution without going back to the dyno for a new custom map. Why not share the wealth between our V11 family? Give me a link and I'll be the first to post mine. Obviously it would be very important to include all the bike mods and setup (TPS voltage, valves, ECM type, Euro or US, etc) at the time of dyno. One could even post the respective dyno chart if they liked.

JAAP....any thoughts?

cheers,

Jason

I have a 2004 Coppa Italia (front crossover) with FBF X-over, MG Ti pipes and FBF open airbox kit and stock ECU. I had a custom map made for this set up by FBF. If you want to give it a try, let me know and I will e-mail it to you.

Thanks for the offer polebridge. Would you have any interest in adding your map to the others in the fileshare section that Jason mentioned earlier in this thread? If not I'll PM my email to you.

Are you using the ECU that came with the Ti exhaust or the stock ECU? If it's the Ti ECU I'd be interested in comparing your map with mine even though our bikes are a little different. I'd also like to know if you experience any pinging around 5k rpm like I do.

I think I remember reading something here about the 03 and later ECU's, both Ti and stock, being different from the earlier ones. Anybody know for sure?

Tom,

I sent you my map via e-mail. Did you receive it? If not I will try again. As I said, I am running a stock ECU with the MG Ti pipes. I did it this way in case I ever wanted to sell the pipes and ECU as a set. Also, the guys at FBF suggested I work with the stock ECU. With my bike set up as described I am getting 87 HP and 72 foot LBS of torque at the rear wheel and drive-ability is great.

Hope the map helps.

Tom,

I sent you my map via e-mail. Did you receive it? If not I will try again. As I said, I am running a stock ECU with the MG Ti pipes. I did it this way in case I ever wanted to sell the pipes and ECU as a set. Also, the guys at FBF suggested I work with the stock ECU. With my bike set up as described I am getting 87 HP and 72 foot LBS of torque at the rear wheel and drive-ability is great.

Hope the map helps.

Yes I got it and I did respond via email thanking you. I'll let the forum know how I made out when I get the bike back on the road in a month or so and start changing maps and ECUs.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I finally got my bike out this past weekend and did some fiddling with ECUs and maps. Here's where I'm at...

Ti ECU and old map: ran it for 20 or so miles, felt OK but was probably a bit lean with the new crossover and opened up airbox. Had exhaust popping when engine braking and still had some 5k rpm pinging as mentioned earlier.

Stock ECU and Gh67 map: ran it for 100+ miles, felt pretty good. I think it's stronger in the low to midrange than the race ECU was but I think (could be wrong) that the race ECU pulled a little harder above 6k rpm. I could still provoke a bit of pinging near 5k rpm so my theory that the race ECU was causing it seems to be BS.

I'll have to give the map that polebridge emailed to me a try later. Looks like cold rainy weather until next week. :bbblll:

Side note: the bike definately got louder with the Ferracci crossover and airbox mods. I'm not sure if it got any faster though because I haven't ridden since November.

Side note #2: I bought the cheaper Ferracci crossover instead of the Stucchi because I have a welding shop that could add a hanger/stiffener for me at minimal cost to hopefully prevent the cracking problem that others have had with the Ferracci. I had to make up a hanger bracket for the frame too as the stock one wouldn't fit with the Ferracci. Here's a few pics of what I had done before it went out for ceramic coating:

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

That last photo is HOT! Too hot! Someone call a moderator!!! :lol:

But seriously, good idea adding the bracket to the FBF crossover.

Also, you might try PM'ing and emailing Ragin' Pitbull aka Victor. He either works for or worked for FBF, and would probably have access to maps done by Ferracci, although make sure he knows it is the X-over and not the earlier H-crossover that they made.

But he may not have checked in here in quite a while. Last I remember, he was selling his LeMans. <_>

You could also try contacting FBF, but they might not be generous enough to email you a map, but if you mention you have their open airbox and x-over....