International traffic law

KiloSjon

The (very interesting) site with movies from mountain passes RoadMC.com has an overview of fines for speeding in various countries. Since I'm mounting the Termi's and plan to drive through belgium, france, italy and germany (and maybe Switzerland) in June, I'd like to know: what risk do I take by driving there with open pipes? (never hurts to look for some Db killers, but I'm just curious)

You don't want to know that :-) Germany and swiss are the highest risk, but on the other side, driving to mandello GMG, I have hardly seen any police, and when they don't see you, they won't get you. If you see police, just keep revs low.

. If you see police, just keep revs low.

That's right , done over 3000km last year in Germany(+4K the year before) did a lot of km inside cities and stoped from police once, I always had my revs low(just under 3000 or clutch when passing through)

The story about Germany goes like this:They can give you a fine as long as they have a db meter with them and count the revs, then of cource they have to do this according to what the registration licence says (which revs how much db stands on the licence.)In my case none can read my licence (plus I have my licence "custom" made,issued, at the revs/db point.... :lol: ) so I believe I am a bit "safe",..... then if you get a fine , AFAIK story goes like this, pay fine, if there isn't a ay to make your bike more quiet , then the bike is transported with their truck to be set to storage untill you get the "right" mufflers, and of cource you'll have to pay for the transport of the bike+storage.

Then if you have the db killers that can be set and have a quiet bike perhaps they won't fine you ,if you are polite and get some nice excuses, since you're on tour you can get away with it. Sure thing is that German "cops" are more open minded than , i.e. the Swiss ones .That's my thought -experiences about Germany.

Some other people told me that since I am not living there and my licence doesn't have this extra paper of "tüv" I shouldn't worry about it.But I dunno , :huh2: It never had a control for exhaust.

Long story short, have some db killers with.

I doubt you will have any problems. I'll be riding through those countries in June too- whereabouts are you going?

Guy :helmet:

June8th: departure from Baarn to Beaune (FR) via the Vosges (FR). Then to Camping Moto in Montclar, Drôme (FR). Then to Mandello (I) (perhaps via Suisse), the Dolomites, Bolzano (I) and the night train to Dusseldorf (D). Then back home, work a week and to Boxmeer (NL).

Long story short, have some db killers with.

Was thinking the same, never hurts and may help... Thinking of it, the fine is not the real problem, sitting on a police station with your mufflers removed really is... :o

June8th: departure from Baarn to Beaune (FR) via the Vosges (FR). Then to Camping Moto in Montclar, Drôme (FR). Then to Mandello (I) (perhaps via Suisse), the Dolomites, Bolzano (I) and the night train to Dusseldorf (D). Then back home, work a week and to Boxmeer (NL).

We may bump into each other then- probably won't go to Mandello this time but will go to the Dolomites for sure- normally camp near Merano.

Lovely roads around there.

We may bump into each other then- probably won't go to Mandello this time but will go to the Dolomites for sure- normally camp near Merano.

Lovely roads around there.

If you see a Champagne Lemans with Termignoni's (and champagne BMW helmet), it's me... ;o)

termiV11.JPG

Is that campsite near Merano worth the visit? (not sure where to go yet)

If you see a Champagne Lemans with Termignoni's (and champagne BMW helmet), it's me... ;o)

termiV11.JPG

Is that campsite near Merano worth the visit? (not sure where to go yet)

I'll be in a group of consisting of a black V11 Le Mans, a Burgundy V11 Sport, red V11 Ballabio, black Jackal (me), an 1150GS and a Tiger.

2 Scots, 1 Welsh, 1 Irish and 4 English in our party including pillions- plenty of banter to be had there.

The campsite is in Lana- nice and flat- the guy who owns it has 2 nice daughters who like to practice English. Good showers, biker friendly and a little restaurant- here is a link There is a cracking little mountain pass nearby (can't remember irs name) that is well surfaced and very twisty and wider than many roads around there so you can have some fun.

Hope we bump into each other!

Cheers

I'll be in a group of consisting of a black V11 Le Mans, a Burgundy V11 Sport, red V11 Ballabio, black Jackal (me), an 1150GS and a Tiger.

I'll be together with a friend, he's on a R1100R :doh:

2 Scots, 1 Welsh, 1 Irish and 4 English in our party including pillions- plenty of banter to be had there.

:drink::drink::drink::D Seems like all the ingredients for a fun tour...

The campsite is in Lana- nice and flat- the guy who owns it has 2 nice daughters who like to practice English. Good showers, biker friendly and a little restaurant- here is a link There is a cracking little mountain pass nearby (can't remember irs name) that is well surfaced and very twisty and wider than many roads around there so you can have some fun.

Hope we bump into each other!

Cheers

I'll put the campsite in my Garmin, maybe we'll meet... (would be nice!)