do you hate it? *Update

DeBenGuzzi

Guest Nogbad

DeBen, You made me puke over my keyboard.

I like the tail lights, colour scheme overall made me lose my lunch. Sorry

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" cliche applies here. I don't like it but I seem to be one of the few here who thinks the factory green/red frame bikes are ugly so don't listen to me. I think those colors go together "like spaghetti and marmalade" as Antonio once said about Enzo's bike. :P

Well, I don't hate it. :)

But it does look rather confused. I'd like it a ton better with the CF front guard and that rear painted satin black. A red tail would be too much red.

As is, it really doesn't have any artistic flow to it. I can't decide if it is the green tail or the seat that is most at fault. The flag and the grey sides on the seat are visual detractors to the flow too.

I like what you're doing tho'. :bier:

Rj

:2c: Ok I think the bike would look killer if the tailpiece was a glossy black. That shade of green doesnt match with the Rosso red. :2c: You definitely have spent some time & money putting this scheme together. I remember you have been hinting at this transformation for over a year now. Take a picture of the bike from the front so we can see the fairing too :pic:

Hey Ben, I'd go with a green front fender rather than a carbon piece. :P:

funny you say that, I have one but its only the front half, I didn't realize it didn't come with the back half when I got it on ebay for cheap. :angry: anyone have a green back half of a fender?

I'm lost because I feel the same way that the bike isn't "flowing" as much as I'd like it to and I can't figure out what to change and what to change it too. The front fender has to be changed either all green or Carbon will help drastically, secondly I could maybe get a belly guard thing or maybe get the seat recovered(AGAIN) I love the tail lights and the tail color but I think I'm going to get that carbon front fender and maybe look at a new seat, I'm so close it hurts. headbang.gif

I know some ppl won't like anything I do because they only like all black, or only the true rosso or the lemans and not the sport but piss on it I can take critizism with some salt and its constructive to give me a direction to finish my project and then say, This is my bike, and I LIKE IT so bite me. :drink:

anyone seen a Carbon fiber fender or at least a green one, I think it'd be even sillier to have a half green half silver fender :doh:

First we had enzo, now we have debenguzzi....

But what I can't see in the pictures, but the tank is rosso mandelo red? If it is, it wont go with the red frame.

Second, I think the tail and tank should be the same color, that the aprilia "designers" did this too is no excuse.

So if you like the tank color the most, paint the tail the same, and make the frame black. The same time the front mudgard can be painted red too.

So, I count three votes for a black tail, one vote for a carbon fiber tail, Antonio says change the green, G.Forest and Virginia Sean say change green to match green on flag on seat, and one for a red tail. Others criticize the failure to match the flag and some did not mention the hideous green tail.

So, Black tail wins, although carbon fiber would be more sweet!

Guest Britcheflee

Hey Ben, I'd go with a green front fender rather than a carbon piece. :P:

Did you paint it yourself? If so, you did a good job from what I can see - the finish looks great - I rather prefer a uniform color on a bike and with the Moto guzzis I really think red is the way to go.

Lee

Guest goffredo

" A Guzzi is much more than just a bike. Any Guzzi model is made also of colurs, of references, of histories. When I designed the V11 I started from the Gambalunga and the Gambalunghino. What the aprilia designers did to that colours scheme is... Oh my!! Tail, seat cover and tank... you cannot paint them differently!

And I thought of it in that colour only, form scratch. I dreamt it and designed it in one night:

Legnano green, as the V7sport, with a red frame. In the prototype I displayed in Milan, I wanted it with red wheels too."

Luciano Marabese, designer of the V11 Sport.

Opinions are opinions, just as men are men. Feel free to vomit at the thought of a V11 painted exactly as her designer wanted, of course. It won't make your colour mix any better.

My two cents, beside the colours: one should not ask for frank opinion if unprepared to face them.

Rgds

G.

" A Guzzi is much more than just a bike. Any Guzzi model is made also of colurs, of references, of histories. When I designed the V11 I started from the Gambalunga and the Gambalunghino. What the aprilia designers did to that colours scheme is... Oh my!! Tail, seat cover and tank... you cannot paint them differently!

And I thought of it in that colour only, form scratch. I dreamt it and designed it in one night:

Legnano green, as the V7sport, with a red frame. In the prototype I displayed in Milan, I wanted it with red wheels too."

Luciano Marabese, designer of the V11 Sport.

Opinions are opinions, just as men are men. Feel free to vomit at the thought of a V11 painted exactly as her designer wanted, of course. It won't make your colour mix any better.

My two cents, beside the colours: one should not ask for frank opinion if unprepared to face them.

Rgds

G.

I'm fine, I originally wanted a CF tail and contacted paul about getting one but then this sweet already modified tail presented itself for a good price and I couldn't pass it up. The tail has been painted to match the guzzi green but it isn't a perfect match and it came that way. The tank is a stock Rosso Mandello red tank the seat is a rich maund special and the front fender will soon be CF I hope I'd also like to pick up a CF seat hugger or even a Rosso Mandello red hugger. I think those would really make the bike flow a little better and the wife likes the red/green combo as do some of my friends so I'm not going to change the tail color (for a couple years) but I'll have it painted eventually and probably black, the present in your face scheme is here to stay for a little while. :bier:

Personally, I really like the red tank- in sunlight, it is an outstanding color.

I like where you are headed with this project, but you're right- it looks a little confused at this point. Unfortunately (or maybe not), I don't have any good suggestions, except take a couple of pictures and futz with them in photoshop. Well, that's the beauty of this endeavor- when you get tired of one color, you can always change it.