do you hate it? *Update

DeBenGuzzi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, it's fine! Looks a bit different - don't take no notice of the must be this way, must be that way brigade - it's your bike. as you like it! As Jim says, you got various colour matches going on & tieing together different bits....I like the seat/tailpiece matches front mudguard colours...ties back & front together....

Aren't you worried about the rear tyre wiping out those turn signals tho?

KB :sun:

Ben, it's fine! Looks a bit different - don't take no notice of the must be this way, must be that way brigade - it's your bike. as you like it! As Jim says, you got various colour matches going on & tieing together different bits....I like the seat/tailpiece matches front mudguard colours...ties back & front together....

Aren't you worried about the rear tyre wiping out those turn signals tho?

KB :sun:

I plan to replace them so all the better, but I about bottomed out the rear to see if that would happen and they don't touch. I want smaller LED ones to go back there that don't stand out but light up bright. :grin:

Purple.

It needs some purple on it to match Barney the Dinosaur.

Otherwise, what's the problem? My own V11 came from the factory with at least five different, clashing colours on it, and Ben's is at least different. And, yes, it looks much more interesting in natural light. Nice job, Ben. Really.

Ben, it looks so much better in natural light. For me, I would live with it for a while because there are some nice colour matches when it is outside. The grey fender bit matches the seat, the front fender bit matches the tailpiece and the fairing matches the pipes. I think you need a black frame now as the red frame and porkchops get a little busy but that is my opinion.With a black frame the porkchops would balance the tank a little better and then you may just have a winner. I think you are doing well!

Cheers!

Jim

bit of a job to paint the frame! don't ya think. BEN trust me. paint the front guard and rear section..

Tell me what you think, good, bad, other.

DSC_1795.jpg

In answer to the thread title: Yes. :bbblll:

I've never understood the appeal of the baby-poo green of the 2000 Sport; it looks nothing like the phosphate-green paint of the 50's Guzzi racers, & more importantly, it doesn't match the green of the Italian flag or the piping on your seat (so much for "tri-color!")

The bike looks really "unbalanced" with the silver fender up front; if you really like the fluorescent yellow-green of the tail section, match the front fender to it, and you'll end up with a much more visually pleasing result.

:2c:

Look, I don't mean to trash your choice: if you really like this, that's what counts. But about all I can say for it w/o being negative is that any driver who pleads "I didn't see you!" to the judge after cutting you off & causing an accident had better have his license yanked, 'cause he's frickin' BLIND! :grin:

Ride on!

:mg:

In answer to the thread title: Yes. :bbblll:

I've never understood the appeal of the baby-poo green of the 2000 Sport; it looks nothing like the phosphate-green paint of the 50's Guzzi racers, & more importantly, it doesn't match the green of the Italian flag or the piping on your seat (so much for "tri-color!")

The bike looks really "unbalanced" with the silver fender up front; if you really like the fluorescent yellow-green of the tail section, match the front fender to it, and you'll end up with a much more visually pleasing result.

:2c:

Look, I don't mean to trash your choice: if you really like this, that's what counts. But about all I can say for it w/o being negative is that any driver who pleads "I didn't see you!" to the judge after cutting you off & causing an accident had better have his license yanked, 'cause he's frickin' BLIND! :grin:

Ride on!

:mg:

This is a work in progress and I updated some pics in the middle with the bike outside and a mostly green front fender, I'm going to leave it that way until I get ahold of a carbon fiber one and at some point I'm paint the tail to match the tank most likely. Its not finished, may never be 'finished' but then if I Was done with the bike I'd want a new one so this is nice. :grin:

Where's the carbon fly screen from?

I got it off ebay but its for a Buell S1/M2 lightning/cyclone, I know they used to be readily available as the buell guys are nutzo for CF. I think it cost me $90 maybe a little less and fits like it was meant to be there. I think you can pick up a new one from some place in california for $130 if I remember right. lockhart phillips made one too. :huh2:

here's a bright blue paintable one on ebay for $10

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buell-Cyclo...1QQcmdZViewItem