See Roper in action

guzzijack

Cross-posting this on a few Guzzi related forums to catch any UK readers who may want to see and hear Pete in action

Hands on gearbox strip/inspection/shim & reassemble with a few 5 speed 'boxes to play with. Based in my workshop/garage in Tiverton, Devon which is 7 speed camera free miles down the dual carriageway A361 from J27 of the M5 - just the road to blow some cobwebs out of the bike! Saturday 24th March afternoon and early evening followed by beers and a bite to eat at our place/local pub(s).

On Sunday, weather permitting, I'll put together a rideout around 'sunny' Exmoor, which is on our doorstep, morning/early afternoon for those who are interested.

We have some accomodation available for a couple of lucky souls including Pete but there are plenty of local B&Bs in town or nearby and I'll furnish you with details on request.

PM me at guzzijack@yahoo.co.uk if you're interested and I'll get back to you.

Pete and others are trying to arrange other demos near Winchester and maybe 'oop North - see the UK Yahoo Guzzi Group http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/motoguzzigroupgb/ for details.

Hands on gearbox strip/inspection/shim & reassemble with a few 5 speed 'boxes to play with. Based in my workshop/garage in Tiverton, Devon which is 7 speed camera free miles down the dual carriageway A361 from J27 of the M5 - just the road to blow some cobwebs out of the bike! Saturday 24th March afternoon and early evening followed by beers and a bite to eat at our place/local pub(s).

You ARE planning on recording this for posterity, right? Not above paying a nominal fee to get it, altho' a posting to YouTube might be in order, since it'll probably be funnier than their last few hits...

:grin:

Guest rosso mandello

Just to get it right, is shimming the gearbox also a way to get rid of the noice from the gearbox/clutch. My Rosso Mandello does not sound too healty when the clutch is not engaged, never did anyway.

Summer is coming up, I am on the streets again :D

Mogens.

Just to get it right, is shimming the gearbox also a way to get rid of the noice from the gearbox/clutch. My Rosso Mandello does not sound too healty when the clutch is not engaged, never did anyway.

Summer is coming up, I am on the streets again :D

Mogens.

RM's have a single plate clutch that always sounds like a cement mixer full of bricks when the clutch is disengaged. Don't worry about it RM clutches aren't proe to failure. The V11's use cam plates rather than a selector drum for gear selection and while selection can be improved by smoothing and de-burring te channels in the cam plates there is no 'Shimming fix' for the six speeders.

Pete

Greg contacted me just before I left for the UK. I think he's thinking about doing a series of videos, he asked me if I'd be interested in taking part. I'm keen on the idea, I think it could be not only fun but useful too. There's also a bloke In Sydney who's been pestering me to do the same. He has I belive all the neccessary gear and experience so perhaps I'll be able to persuade Greg to come over to Oz for a holiday and we can do it all there :bier:

Pete

Hopefully yes. Probably in the first or second week of April. I'm hoping to be doig another gearbox seminar in Hampshire on the weekend of the 1'st (?) and Gordon who is a Nuvo Falcone owner is hosting and I want to pick his brains before I go to Teo Lamers and order up some bits for this awful old sh!theap I'm doing up in Oz at the moment :grin:

Jaap suggests I fly into Germany and then nip back across the border as I can fly from Stanstead which is only 50Km or so from Cambridge. I'll only be able to stay a couple of nights maximum but it would be very nice to catch up with a few of the Netherlands push while I'm over here.

Pete