FBF Airbox Conversion Kit for V11

mznyc

Guest Nigelstephens

Can I remind you about the forum golden rules

"· There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. "

It might be in jest (or perhaps not) but it puts the forum down to a level that is not necessary.

If you have to make things personal then use PM.

Guest ratchethack

Can I remind you about the forum golden rules

"· There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. "

It might be in jest (or perhaps not) but it puts the forum down to a level that is not necessary.

If you have to make things personal then use PM.

I agree, Nige. My sincere apologies to you and to the Forum. -_-

There have been reports of the heat reflecting tape underneath the gas tank (it tends to peel off over time) getting sucked onto the filter and blocking it but so far the FBF/K&N filters have managed to keep it out of the motor. :P

I will vouch for that. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that was the problem until I had already dismantled half of my bike. :huh2:

It was then that I noticed the lines embedded in the heat shield, which matched the ridges of the air filter. :homer:

So I am happy with the performance of the FBF conversion, but now have to replace the heat shield with one that sticks. Oh, and the noise increase was not too noticeable...

Shawn, 3M spray glue...strong stuff. I've had this happen twice and it sure takes the kick out of the bike. k

Guest ratchethack

. . .spray glue...strong stuff.

'Joliet' Jake Blues (John Belushi) w/ sunglasses, bullwhip, beer bottle, and handcuffs.

Elwood Blues (Dan Aykroyd) w/ sunglasses, harmonica, satchel, beer bottle, spray glue (strong stuff!), and dry white toast.

post-1212-1174832250_thumb.jpg

Guest oldtoolie

The FBF fitting was too noisy for me behind the Magni fairing even with earplugs. I put up with it for a year but finally realised that it hurt (as in pain). The airbox is back on with the BMC filter and I'm happy.

You might try taking the airbox top off and going for a ride with it off to see what you think.