03 connected header pipe ?

Crooz

Where could I find a 2003 (& newer) cross header pipe for my 2002 V11 ?

I wish to update my currently unconnected pipes as from the factory for 2002.

Will accept a new one, or used!

Where could I find a 2003 (& newer) cross header pipe for my 2002 V11 ?

I wish to update my currently unconnected pipes as from the factory for 2002.

Will accept a new one, or used!

You will also need 2 new header pipes and gaskets- will be expensive unless you can find some second hand items at a cheap price.

I have read a post saying that fitting a Stucchi crossover gives similar gains in power and torque so why not buy one of those instead?

About £200 in the UK.

Guy :helmet:

I am referring to the crossover in front of the engine, not the crossover underneath the rear of the engine.

Yes- but a Stucchi fitted underneath may give you similar gains in power and torque as fitting the front crossover and will be much cheaper in total I would imagine.

Guest ratchethack

I am referring to the crossover in front of the engine, not the crossover underneath the rear of the engine.

Gents! I think you'll find that there is no correlation whatsoever between the function of the front crossover and the function of ones fitted under the trans. They do NOT do the same thing, nor is the design intent the same.

The front crossover was intended to enhance low-end and midrange torque in accordance with the added valve overlap of the '03 motors, but to my knowledge there is NO performance change with or without a front crossover on any V11 that shows up on dyno charts. :huh2:

There are general performance reasons to go with the "under the trans" Stucchi that show up on the torque curves on a dyno chart of both pre- and post- '03 motors (smooths out and raises the stock dip in the curve at ~4,500 RPM.

Since there have been (and continue to be) many annoying and persistent headaches associated with loosening and problematic loss of sealing of the joints on a front crossover due to thermal expansion & contraction on many Guzzi's, many have eliminated the front crossover with no adverse symptoms, incluing a friend of mine with a '04 LM. Like several others I've been aware of, he and his dealer had nightmare problems with it until he eliminated it by having his headers welded shut.

FWIW, both myself and the aforementioned friend with '04 LM have realized "as advertised" performance enhancement in the midrange with the Stucchi under-trans crossover.

These are the parts you would need if you wanted to convert to a front x over:

01 12 26 90 X over

01 12 09 90 RH header

01 12 09 91 LH header

91 11 32 30 x 2 gaskets

You will also need 2 new exhaust gaskets.

To my knowledge there is NO performance change with or without a front crossover on any V11. :huh2:

That is something I have never tested myself while playing on the dyno but my general point is the same as yours Ratch- its a lotta hassle and money to retrofit the front crossover and the Stucchi may be a better option, even if it is only for aesthetics.

One thing I have tested is that the Stucchi makes absolutely zilch difference on the dyno compared to the standard crossover on a post 2003 V11 that also has the front crossover, although I do understand that guys with pre 2003 bikes have seen gains from the Stucchi.

Regards

ohh such knowledge can be found here amoungst my friends! It is greatly appreciated.

I was doing it more for looks than for performance (until I realized it to be a 3 piece set-up, not one solid piece). I just scrapped this idea. Thanks agin for the knowledge.