Thoughts on the Griso ????????

Crooz

I just picked up a low mileage 06, so far I'm quite impressed with it. The suspension seems quite a bit better than my Lemans, power is likely a bit less than the Lemans, but not too much. Rattly clutch and the CARC is a bit loud going slow, but everything else is very refined for a guzzi. I'll be taking it to the mountains this weekend to really test the handling and dial in the suspension.. so far, I like it

Jon

They look well made, and very individual, and seem to be popular with the coffee bar cruiser set.

There are loads of low mileage Grisos for sale which makes me think that people aren't keeping them very long for whatever reason.

Good news for buyers!

Guy :helmet:

They look well made, and very individual, and seem to be popular with the coffee bar cruiser set.

There are loads of low mileage Grisos for sale which makes me think that people aren't keeping them very long for whatever reason.

Good news for buyers!

Guy :helmet:

I have a feeling that quite a few people bought Grisos thinking they were a much more powerful and brutish 'Street Rod' a-la Suzuki Bandit or one of the other naked musclebikes and wee probably disappointed by the comparative lack of brute horsepower. Certainly they handle superbly, (For a road going shafty.) once set up but they are't as *refined* as many other bikes although compared to most previous Guzzis they are streets ahead.

Look, I love mine, I think its superb, but I wouldn't say that objectively it is either *the Best* motorbike around or the best value for money. Thing is I don't look at motorbikes in those terms, I think with my heart rather than my head when it comes to bikes. That, along with all the classic Guzzi virtues of simplicity, robustness and ease of maintenance are what make it a winner for me. :2c:

Pete

I have a feeling that quite a few people bought Grisos thinking they were a much more powerful and brutish 'Street Rod' a-la Suzuki Bandit or one of the other naked musclebikes and wee probably disappointed by the comparative lack of brute horsepower. Certainly they handle superbly, (For a road going shafty.) once set up but they are't as *refined* as many other bikes although compared to most previous Guzzis they are streets ahead.

Look, I love mine, I think its superb, but I wouldn't say that objectively it is either *the Best* motorbike around or the best value for money. Thing is I don't look at motorbikes in those terms, I think with my heart rather than my head when it comes to bikes. That, along with all the classic Guzzi virtues of simplicity, robustness and ease of maintenance are what make it a winner for me. :2c:

Pete

What you say! Griso is a bike choosed by heart rather than head.One should buy it openeyed, ride past the quirks and foibles, enjoy lowdown torque rather than top-end power. Make it breathe and roar through an open pipe.

My previous "perfect" bike (bought with the head), Beem R1150R, bored the water out of me. Not so with the thumping bigblock!

Good news for buyers!

Just the oposite here in the US. I dare say there is less than 4 used Griso's for sale in the entire country. Of course, there has probably been less than 30 new one sold here.

Greg,

I just returned from a trip through the Santa Monica mountains on my Griso, followed by a repeat run on my Lemans for a back to back comparison. My Lemans is well sorted, and faster than the Griso, but the Griso was more enjoyable, and more comfortable than the Lemans (except the seat, my Rich Maund seat is the dogs danglies). With the Griso and my Cal SS, I'm putting my Lemans on the block, I just dont need it now. Your Billybob is certainly more comfortable that my Lemans, but the Griso just induces grinning when strafing twisty bits

Jon

Guest GUZZI@50

I test rode a Griso a few weeks ago and was quiet impressed with it, The one thing i really missed though was the lovelly induction sound the V11 makes the Griso is to quiet in that aspect.

Lets hope they bring out an 8 valve version then it will have the power it deserves and i might be tempted to get one ,Providing it isnt fitted with a speed limiter of course!!!!

Griso... Griso... Hmmm... how about checking in at; MG-Griso.com for FS. Two of those who posted here who own them are active members. Tons of GREAT info and riders from around the Globe.

Jon, glad to hear the suspension tweaks worked well for you.

Guest Nogbad

does this mean our bikes are considered "classics" now or just the old shite? :huh2:

Just the old shite. They are in that pre-classic limbo.