Brake lever help needed....

Richard Z

Some of you know that I keep my Guzzi and the Triumph in my living room. I use the sliding glass door as an entrance. Sunday after riding 230 miles on the Guzzi I was pulling into the room and caught the end of the brake lever on the door jab. It broke the lever about one inch from the ball end. Now here is my question. Should I just replace the OEM lever or should I go with a shorter aftermarket? I'd prefer upgrading but haven't found any for the bike after several searches. Please lead me in the right direction. The lever still works fine. It just looks bad and it gives me a reason to upgrade the clutch lever too.

Thanks,

Richard Z.

Guest ratchethack

Richard, thanks again for the head guard. It's made a successful tour of the local mountains and back country already and has acquitted itself admirably. Hope you received my check. ;)

Are you lookin' for someone to talk you into a new set of levers, because y'er unable to justify the OUTRAGEOUS cost without encouragement? I've purchased several well-used moto's for considerably less than these things go for!! :o

Sorry. I ain't got any encouragement along those lines, but I'm sure you came to the right place, if that's wot y'er lookin' for! ;)

If I were you, I'd let my favorite local welding shop have a go at it and refinish it. Probably cost a tiny fraction of replacement. :huh2:

But o' course, that's just me.

Good luck. ;)

I bought a pair of pattern levers from Agostinis a few years back- a fraction of the cost of the factory items. I take them in my panniers on long trips, in case I ever drop the bike and brake a lever.

Only difference is that the adjuster is silver not gold, but you could swap them if this bothers you.

Guy :helmet:

Richard, thanks again for the head guard. It's made a successful tour of the local mountains and back country already and has acquitted itself admirably. Hope you received my check. ;)

Are you lookin' for someone to talk you into a new set of levers, because y'er unable to justify the OUTRAGEOUS cost without encouragement? I've purchased several well-used moto's for considerably less than these things go for!! :o

Sorry. I ain't got any encouragement along those lines, but I'm sure you came to the right place, if that's wot y'er lookin' for! ;)

If I were you, I'd let my favorite local welding shop have a go at it and refinish it. Probably cost a tiny fraction of replacement. :huh2:

But o' course, that's just me.

Good luck. ;)

I'm glad the head Guard made it OK. Yes I got the check. Almost wasn't enuff to justify writing it. I figured the guard would probably have to go over seas and shipping would have been more.

I really want a set of 2 finger levers. I like the short levers and have them on a couple of my other bikes. Just haven't been able to find a source for the Guzzi. I figured that being a Brembo brake system that there would be more choices. I'm sure it will cost me and Arm or a Leg for a set. Trying to weld the cast aluminum lever wouldn't justifiy the labor $$$. I thought about shortening the clutch to match and repowdercoating them. I have the technology...... If I don't find anything I'll probably go that route.

I tried the Agostini Link but it locked up my computer. I googled them, but wasn't able to find parts on their site.

Thanks,

Richard Z.

Is there a Ducati whose levers cross references against the Guzzi's?

I'm sure there is Dave, I bought CRG's from Todd H and the package said "Ducati - 12MM". I'm sure he could cross reference the number and see what the actual application is.

Edit: Did a little cross referencing myself. Ducati Monster to '03; ST2 97-03; 748 / 916 96-98 are the same according to CRG's catalog.