HELP need assistance quick !

Crooz

Trying to install my new brake & clutch fluid caps... the factory caps have the built-in rubber gland underneath... the new caps do not. Since the rubber cannot be moved (removed) from the factory lids... what do I do now? The new caps at least need a gasket of somesort or they will surely leak. I don't even know as to whether the gland is necessary for operation. HELP !!!

If I can cut myself a new gasket... will things function properly without the gland thingy???

I don't think so. When your fluid level get lower due to pad wear you'll end up with vacuum in the reservoir. The rubber membrane allows air into the reservoir (above the rubber, which will stick to the fluid surface) without letting air (moisture) reach the fluid.

Are these caps for the purpose of easthetics or are they replacing damaged ones? Are you sure you can't remove the membrane from the OEMs?

Eureka!!! :P: I went back and triplechecked.... the rubber does come out! It was simply stuck around and underneath a rim. Boy was it corroded underneath when I removed it! Good thing I got new caps afterall ! :bier:

THANKS guy !!!!! :thumbsup: