Nice V11 on Anima Guzzista website

Guzzirider

I am a big fan of the slower lifestyle in some European countries. A fast lifestyle breeds a market for fast food.

We have got it so wrong in the UK and the USA- chasing our tails and working long hours, in a rush all the time- and for what benefit? :huh2: Obesity and a heart attack? :huh2:

Guy :helmet:

Beautiful bike.

I am all about slow food. We rarely eat out and I do a lot of cooking. It gets old sometimes, but then we go eat out again and I'm amazed at how much better our food is. Plus we get to talk and sometimes work together. It may be 'too sweet', but the food is better.

Unfortunately, (in the US at least) many houses built since the '50s are not designed for cooking. The kitchen is a rediculous small affair that only one person can operate in. I prefer the old farm kitchens where everyone can hang out and cook....and drink. :drink:

We have got it so wrong in the UK and the USA- chasing our tails and working long hours, in a rush all the time- and for what benefit? :huh2: Obesity and a heart attack? :huh2:

I think that's a general "phenomemon" y' know how that moto goes, work more , to earn more, to buy more.

The point is to have a measure in everything and know what you need (at least), or you fall into the trap.

.... It may be 'too sweet', but the food is better. ...

Sorry for that. Too sweet was meant for this somewhat V11. Personally I'd even say this thing is crap. Lots of money wasted. Every bike has its time and in this time its style. What we see here has no style. It's just a mixture of bits of everything. The italians probably would call it Pasticcio. When I'm right this means something to eat, the rests of the week newly made up, "fastfood", but its a musical term as well that describes the thing when you take the lovliest theme from this and this piece and the intro from this and the ending of that and mix it up. Such may please your ears, but its just lift entertainment. Comin' back to this bike attempt, I'd translate my impression with "just a shot into the oven". It has no substance, no genuine concept.

The Guzzi V is represented by only a few bikes: V7/Ambassador (nail laquer red) - 750S (orange) - LMIII (white) - 1100 Sport (yellow) - V11/KR green - Griso (probably).

But, as always, :2c:

Hubert

The claim in the text is that this is Lemans Number One. The prototype of what became the "new" V11 Lemans. A historic motorcycle they say, thus likely not going to be altered much!

If it is the actual prototype then why the spoke wheels, the non factory crossover, and the non factory fairing & forks? Would the factory put "LIMITED EDITION" on the side cover rather than "LeMans"? Why would one modify a historic prototype? :huh2:

You are absolutely right Guy. Too much work and not enough play. Of course I work 50+ hours a week 50 weeks a year but I sure would like to retire in sunny Italy.

The bike has the 5 speed gearbox. It could be a factory tryout from the first v11 sport. There is a picture from a green one with 5 speed box and monotail.

But in my opinion it has no extra value for that, with the old gearbox, it's less fun.

The wheels a certain not from factory, but came with the fiddeling and polishing. It doesn't look to drive much, shame.

I don't believe that it's a factory prototype. Could be that somebody who worked at Guzzi at that time put it together and that it stood around there for some time, but that makes no prototype. Maybe good enough for a typical hoax. BTW, the fairing for instance looks exactly like the one now sold by Magni.

Guzzi is working with Marabese, at least they did so then, and this guy is a pro, on the same level with Tamburini. Once a picture of a LeMans study was posted in this forum. It was looking different.