Lost my best friend today......

I know this will seem childish but I guess Its my way of grieving.

My best Friend of 13 years passed away today... CSPAN. My Black Cocker Spaniel. He passed while sleeping in his spot next to the bed. I knew something was wrong when I came home from work today and he wasn't at the door to greet me.... :(

The bright spot is I know he had a good and long life and never mistreated. He was there when I brought my 2 children home from the hospital and was never jealous of them. he was my protector and my alarm clock. CSPAN you will be missed.....

Richard Z.

My sympathies Richard.

My Chessie, Tug, is pressed hard against my left ankle and foot as I type this note. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't experienced the love and affection these dogs share with us. They leave a big hole when they pass on. As much as it hurts to see them go, the door is now open to the next chapter. Don't wait too long to get another.

Dennis.

Condolences, Richard.

I still look for my fleabag a couple times a day.

Expect him to raise his head as I round the corner, or enter the room.

It's been 6 months, I'm finally starting to look for a good, low-mileage used dog.

He had been mistreated in his previous surroundings, and was the most personable and

friendly dog I ever knew.

I am not normally one to quote sappy stuff, but dogs are different.

Gentlemen of the jury, the best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter whom he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us—those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name—may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world—the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous—is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury, a man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that had no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace, and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

GEORGE GRAHAM VEST, “Eulogy on the Dog,”

A toast to CSPAN :bier:

Please accept my condolences.

I'm genuine dog lover myself (see avatar - say no more), so I fully understand how you feel.

Best regards

Søren and Herman the German

If I could be more like my dog, what a great person I would be! My condolences Richard...I still miss the dog friends that have passed. k

Grieving over man's best friend isn't childish to me.

Sorry for your loss. You did good for CSPAN.

One of my wife's Pomeranians, a sweet, hopelessly inbred, puppy mill rescue, is failing. The other one senses it and and dominates him more and more. It's hard on my wife now. It will be moreso when Sparky passes.

They don't live long enough.

I have a 17 year old Vizsla. She was a hell of a quail dog and jet ski riding companion. She is still kicking but I know her days a numbered. Hell she might out live me!

Keep riding.

Do you ever get to AR on your V11?

I'd like to send my condolences as well. I have two little terriers that are as much a part of the family as can be for a pet. I've posted pictures of them in this forum before, maybe I should leave you with a humorous one to cheer you up.

04_23_7.JPEG

04_23_17.JPEG

They don't live long enough.

I have a 17 year old Vizsla. She was a hell of a quail dog and jet ski riding companion. She is still kicking but I know her days a numbered. Hell she might out live me!

Keep riding.

Do you ever get to AR on your V11?

Actually some friends are doing the scenic bypass # (I can't remember) Springdale/Hot Springs this weekend. I was going but have to work now. I have a friend that just moved from Frisco back to Wichita. Funny thing is he called me today. Talk about coincidence.

Richard Z.

I know this will seem childish but I guess Its my way of grieving.

My best Friend of 13 years passed away today... CSPAN. My Black Cocker Spaniel. He passed while sleeping in his spot next to the bed. I knew something was wrong when I came home from work today and he wasn't at the door to greet me.... :(

The bright spot is I know he had a good and long life and never mistreated. He was there when I brought my 2 children home from the hospital and was never jealous of them. he was my protector and my alarm clock. CSPAN you will be missed.....

Richard Z.

My condolences too Rich. They're part of the family, nothing childish here.

Damn shame Richard.

Sorry about that.

I dread the day that we have to put down one of our two four legged children, or come home to find that the journey is already over.

I don't have a good pic of both of them -- but here is one that shows Beef and his brother Otto's rear end. I'm the goofy looking one on the end of the leash with two legs!

Beefstanding.jpg

Best wishes.

Sean