If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium

Jaap, you can have Limburg, it's fine by me ;)

now, what they're trying to do is forbid to open coffee shops too close to the border... :rasta:

Guest ratchethack

Jaap, you can have Limburg, it's fine by me ;)

Gerrymandering indeed.....

Hey Jaap -- It looks to me like Belgium got the high ground and Holland got all the swamps and polders. . . :nl::cheese::whistle:;)

Hey Jaap -- It looks to me like Belgium got the high ground and Holland got all the swamps and polders. . . :nl::cheese::whistle:;)

Yep, but they got a big language problem, which will tear the country in two in the foreseeable future. To be honest, I'd rather have wet feet...

Yep, but they got a big language problem, which will tear the country in two in the foreseeable future. To be honest, I'd rather have wet feet...

Wet feet?

you want wet feet?

we here in B.C. have webbed feet from so much bloody rain and wet !!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Guest ratchethack

Van, you gotta understand that in Holland, not only do they have water coming DOWN, but every dike-jumper worth his wooden shoes is born with a knee-jerk reflex to fight water coming UP! :nl::cheese:

NOTE: I have some "license" to talk about dike-jumpers, 'cause I ARE one, (5th gen. US born & raised). ;)

Ahhh! I was referring to a quote by Nicolai hel but perhaps it doesn't apply to 5th generation Dutch.

But even I am forced to admit that they [the French] are a ridiculous people, just as one must confess that the British are bungling, the Italians incompetent, the Americans neurotic, the Germans romantically savage, the Arabs vicious, the Russians barbaric, and the Dutch make cheese.

Nicolai Hel in the novel Shibumi by Lee Trevanian