Exhaust Set Up for a Billabio

Guest GuzziLee

Guest GuzziLee

With cash in hand which exhaust set up should I purchase for my 2004 BillyBob. Open to all suggestions. After reading the many threads I admit confusion :drink: I would like to do it this way: :blush: Replace mufflers with Mistrals and a Mistral X over as high rpm's are less important than the mid range. Then if needed a PCIII and air box mods.What do the wise ones all say :oldgit:

Thanks for a great Forum :bike:

I just bought and installed the Guzzi Ti pipes with the included ECU on my Ballabio and must say over the stock exhaust, they sound gorgeous. The sound is so nice, I hesitate putting a crossover on, as the loudness level seems just right.

They're just loud enough to trip car alarms when going by in a parking garage, but not uncomfortably loud at cruising speed. Just a nice bark. :grin:

Same here, went for the Ti pipes with the race ecu on a stock crossover. Very nice system, sounds excellent!

Hey we should get together for ride sometime, i'm in eastern NY and head over Rt2 often. Where are you guys located?

Hal

Guest GuzziLee

Same here, went for the Ti pipes with the race ecu on a stock crossover. Very nice system, sounds excellent!

Hey we should get together for ride sometime, i'm in eastern NY and head over Rt2 often. Where are you guys located?

Hal

Sounds like a good option, did you use change the crossover? Were did you get your TI pipes??

We are close I am in Great Barrington off of Rt 7. We are riding west all the time.

Lee

The Guzzi Ti pipes are the best overall. They are also $1500 list price. Their best feature is that you can mount them low or high. I can order you a set through the shop I work at (Moto International) for a bit less.

Other good ones are the M4s. THese are only low-mount, though.

Sounds like a good option, did you use change the crossover? Were did you get your TI pipes??

We are close I am in Great Barrington off of Rt 7. We are riding west all the time.

Lee

I used the stock crossover and managed to locate a set of used Ti pipes here in the wantads. I looked around for a while and almost pulled the trigger on a set of Ferracci pipes but they were out of stock, then these turned up.

Guest GuzziLee

I used the stock crossover and managed to locate a set of used Ti pipes here in the wantads. I looked around for a while and almost pulled the trigger on a set of Ferracci pipes but they were out of stock, then these turned up.

Thanks

In the same bucket. Looking at mufflers first phase as I have 2 bikes to do. Did your V11 run ok with just the new pipes and not the crossover or PCII?

M-4's , no need for power commander, just a good setup. I have them on three spine frames. Great sound, superb performance. If we loose M-4 pipes as the only U.S. V11 after-market exhaust mfrs. and we loose big-time. If you want pipes for a V11 and straight up info, call Mike or Todd at MPH.

On the other hand, if you are in the market for a Ducati 1098, then go for the 1/2 system Termignoni pipes. Awesome sound, maybe too loud, but, jeez, I absolutely recommend them. Anybody want any stock V11 or Ducati Multistrada or 1098 mufflers?????

Wick

Guest Rocker

With cash in hand which exhaust set up should I purchase for my 2004 BillyBob. Open to all suggestions. After reading the many threads I admit confusion :drink: I would like to do it this way: :blush: Replace mufflers with Mistrals and a Mistral X over as high rpm's are less important than the mid range. Then if needed a PCIII and air box mods.What do the wise ones all say :oldgit:

Thanks for a great Forum :bike:

Just do what you propose - I have and it's just fine.

Rockerob.

Did your V11 run ok with just the new pipes and not the crossover or PCIII?

Age old/tireless debate... but I can tell you that even a stock bike will benefit hugely from proper mapping. I sell both the PCIIIusb and am offering a trade-in ECU reflash option by TR Direct-Link, which I also sell all TR products now, including VDSTS (diagnostic/reset software package for $195). GuzziTech.com for details.

All of you New England guys should check in on; http://www.geocities.com/mgnoc_mass/ -- Tell Tom I sent you.

SoCal-Todd -- former MGNOC Mass Rep

Thanks

In the same bucket. Looking at mufflers first phase as I have 2 bikes to do. Did your V11 run ok with just the new pipes and not the crossover or PCII?

I felt my bike always ran good , even with the stock system. The Ti pipes with the race ecu does seem to make more power but my bike was never rough or stumbled.

I too installed Ti pipes on my Coppa Italia (in my case the kit came with the Bike included in the price). I then installed an FBF X-Over pipe, FBF air box kit, and a PCIII. I then took the whole thing to FBF in PA and had them do a custom map for me. In my case I had the custom map done with the STOCK ECU in place (not the race ECU). The reason for this is two fold. One is that the FBF guys were of the opinion that the stock ecu with the PCIII would make no difference compared to the race ecu and PCIII and in fact might work even better. Second is that I figured if I ever wanted to try different pipes I could sell the Tis with race ECU included and my custom map would still work pretty good (maybe).

Anyway the bike runs great. I get 87 hp at the read wheel and 74 ft/lbs of torque. It's a really great bike.

My torque curve shows that the bike is already making 60 ft/lbs at 3,000 RPM and never drops below that all the way to redline. I just test rode a Buell TT and I can tell you that the MG V11s have a much nicer, torquier feel. Don't know why that is but that is my observation. (the TT had only 10 miles on so...)

Depending on how many miles you have on your bike I definitely recommend getting a custom map. Once you have it all set up you will love it!

I would like to hear your opinions once you get set up.

Good luck.

P.S. I know that there is no such word as 'torquier'!

M-4's , no need for power commander, just a good setup. I have them on three spine frames. Great sound, superb performance. If we loose M-4 pipes as the only U.S. V11 after-market exhaust mfrs. and we loose big-time. If you want pipes for a V11 and straight up info, call Mike or Todd at MPH.

On the other hand, if you are in the market for a Ducati 1098, then go for the 1/2 system Termignoni pipes. Awesome sound, maybe too loud, but, jeez, I absolutely recommend them. Anybody want any stock V11 or Ducati Multistrada or 1098 mufflers?????

Wick

Umm No.But I'll take your NC off your hands for you! :P: