Rosso Corsa 04 - Questions

firecracker

G'day Everyone.

Been a little while but I am still looking to purchase a MG. Took the Griso and Sport 1200 for a test ride. Liked both but my wife prefers the Sport. However intend to look over a 04 Rosso Corse. Seems to be in VG condition with only 5700km on the clock. I know very little about these bikes, the style appeals to me and I would like some help. Firstly can anyone tell me what faults are common and what problems I may encounter. Also how is the quality of this machine.

I thought I would seek your help before I actually look over this machine.

I would be very gratefull for any advice

Firecracker

Melbourne Australia.

Looking forward to becoming an Guzzi enthusiast :)

Guest h8chains

G'day Everyone.

Been a little while but I am still looking to purchase a MG. Took the Griso and Sport 1200 for a test ride. Liked both but my wife prefers the Sport. However intend to look over a 04 Rosso Corse. Seems to be in VG condition with only 5700km on the clock. I know very little about these bikes, the style appeals to me and I would like some help. Firstly can anyone tell me what faults are common and what problems I may encounter. Also how is the quality of this machine.

Firecracker

Melbourne Australia.

That's one beautiful bike. You're lucky you found one for sale. In my part of the world, we're all keeping an eye for that opportunity.

Similar to a Le Mans but with better suspension, paint job, and more goodies! That could end up as a collector's bike.

Although my LM is only 3K miles, never had a single issue.

G'day Everyone.

Firecracker

Melbourne Australia.

The first bike I ever really loved, :wub: mine is '03 registered '04. This bike will stay with me while I still have the ability to ride a motorcycle and then it might, just might go to my eldest son. Others may come and go not this one.

Just remember it is not everybody's cup of tea but take time to learn it and I think you will find like me it is the most rewarding of motorcycles. :bike:

Good wishes :bier:

Guzzies.JPG

four_twenty_right.jpgHey Firecracker, Haven't had my '04 Nero Corsa long, LOVED the ride almost instantly, also my first Guzzi. I was told by my very good M/C guy that the only hassle for me will be to be serious about greasing the drive shaft points, because it is exposed, and I ride as much as I can, so the elements are a factor here. Beyond that, it seems from my research that most of the problems were sorted out by the 'O3 models. You will not be dissappointed, until you see how beutiful the Nero (RE:Black) is....(Sorry, couldn't help myself, :P ). And as you know, this picture doesn't even begin to show you the depth of detail in the paint, I say go for it! Happy Hunting no matter how it goes, Savagehenry

:stupid::stupid::stupid:

I have never seen one for sale (I don't even know if they exist in my country) but if I ever do I will buy it immediately for whatever price I have to pay. Then, personally, I would convert it to naked (carefully retaining all original parts) with Guzzirider's bike as an inspiration, and just put the fairing on for longer trips.

Burn me as a heretice, but even though the Corsa is one of the handful of bikes whose looks rates them in the Pantheon of Guzzi, the newer bikes out-handle them by a bunch. The telling difference is in the rear suspension. Does tghis matte to you??? The newer bikes are better, by miles, not yards, let alone kilometers or miles.

After that, it comes down to visual appeal. Does the looks of the Corsa give you a bigger "woodie" than the looks of the Griso/Breva/Norge?

That tells the tale . .Personally, and who could care less but me, the Griso is the best new Guzzi in 10 years . . .

Burn me as a heretice, ... The newer bikes are better, by miles, not yards, let alone kilometers or miles.

There are loads, (and loads) of bikes that are better, measurably, Greg is absolutely right. However there are many people on this forum who have and can afford other motorcycles. What is about the V11s? Read round the forum and get a flavour. ;)

:stupid::stupid::stupid:

I have never seen one for sale (I don't even know if they exist in my country) but if I ever do I will buy it immediately for whatever price I have to pay. Then, personally, I would convert it to naked (carefully retaining all original parts) with Guzzirider's bike as an inspiration, and just put the fairing on for longer trips.

There is a beautiful one on ebay, its located in Italy though. Hope this link works http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V11-Le-Mans...1QQcmdZViewItem

ebay rosso corsa

Guest aironepony

They are lovely............. some have a gear box rattle on tick over, I suspect something to do with the dogs. Let sleeping dogs lie I say. Some have a clutch rustle when disengaging it. Its not a problem............ :oldgit:

I have an 03 Rosso and it has been a very dependable machine. The only piece to break while under warranty is the left side exhaust header, a common fault due to a bad batch of pipes which crack along a stress riser from the bending process. Otherwise, the Guzzi has traveled about 6000 miles, not much, but it's a sunny day driver for me. Most of the earlier V11 issues were ironed out by 03-04 so there's not a lot to worry about. My changes are mostly cosmetic and comfort related. I lowered the foot pegs with a relocater kit (just longer bolts and studs), added heavier bar ends with cruise control, played with an extended windscreen and changed out the grips to a softer style. I also added CRG adjustable controls which are very nice. Cosmetics included a Stucchi carbon hugger rear fender to match the front, shortened up the rear fender to license plate hight, and balck anodized Rosso Purro head guards.

My bike was in horrible tune when I got it, and had the tank vent valve installed backwards, creating the dreaded "tank suck" and lean running until I figured it out. I do my own maintenance, and like to be able to do it...that is why I bought this beautiful dinosaur! :D

I did the "standard" performance mods: careful world spec valve adjust, Stucchi X over, Mistral Ti Oval cans, FBF Lidless air filter and Power commander to adjust fuel mixture. I run Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires and like the combination of wear, grip and handling. The bike runs well, pulls strong from 4 -7 K and is a blast to drive on long sweeper type turns.

Be sure to make sure your fluids are changed per Guzzi, including the fork oil...oh and the manual is incorrect with the Ohlins front fork information: the location of the compression and rebound adjusters is reversed, look at the Ohlins file pdf that is on the V11 for correct info.

Have fun with it, they should hold their value fairly well,

Andy