new cosmetic mod

wheelsucker

What do ya'll think? Don't know if anyone else has ever painted the hugger, I think it looks pretty good. Painting the exhaust and footpeg hangers close to the porkchop colors too.

I love original thinking. I have never seen that solution before. Salute!

:2c:

Looks great, but the one drawback is that huggers, by their very nature, tend to get covered w/ road gunk. Ergo, by making it eye-catching, you've also sentenced yourself to more time keeping the bike clean. :huh2:

Does look extremely spiff, tho'! :P:

Nicely done. If one is determined to mount an albatross on one's bike, it might as well be painted red! :bier:

I agree with the albatross comment, I really liked the look without it on, but while I make the spring protecter I figured I might as well paint it red to see what it would look like. I've ridden it a bit and I probably will have to wipe it down every 500 miles or so, but no big deal. I clear coated it twice so it will do until I get the spring cover piece made. I'll post more pics when I paint the exhaust and peg hangers.

Sorry, I don't like it. It makes the bike even more a checkerd flag. All black and red pieces. You had better painted the tail red. And maybe the back part of the front wheel mudgard. So the red parts come toghether.

Wheelsucker,

:2c: It does add a bit more "balance" to the color scheme, however, due to the nature of the area of the hugger, I believe its going to cost you in additional cleaning.

Always good to get outside the box and explore things though. :bier:

:mg::ninja:

I think it is really eye-catching, and if that is what you are after, you've achieved it.

When I look at my bike, I almost don't notice the hugger on it.

AtRFK-NationalsGame.jpg

Makes me wonder if I'd want to do it or not... I don't think I would... but I have considered going tri-colore on the tail... maybe if I did that, then I'd do the hugger too... Plus, my front fender is carbon fiber.... so if I was going to go totally insane, I'd do that up as well... then people would beat me to death for going crazy on a Coppa Italia... all the while accusing me of trying to make it look like this:

tricolorT3.jpg

:helmet:

:rasta:

I was shooting for something a little more eye catching and I didn't really think the black hugger goes that well with the bike. I thought it it looked too big and just stuffed under there. I think it now looks better and not as stuffed under there. thanks for the comments. I'm going too have too get the tank re-painted sooner or later but may do something completely different if I get the guts(like black and silver of some sort), so this will do until then.