why le mans?

ferguzzi

Somewhere over the congo last night, trying to stay awake, and it suddenly occurred to me why was my bike called a le mans?

Did guzzi win something important there once?

Somewhere over the congo last night, trying to stay awake, and it suddenly occurred to me why was my bike called a le mans?

Has a better ring to it than "Nurbugring"

Never spend time contemplating the mundane LeMans name... you are a TENNI owner. Anything less than a TENNI is just a lemans and not worthy of contemplation. :P

They won there, back in the 70's, or at least came second, together with the Ducs and in front of the Brit thingies.

They also were quite successfull in Spain once in that time.

Never spend time contemplating the mundane LeMans name... you are a TENNI owner. Anything less than a TENNI is just a lemans and not worthy of contemplation. :P

Unless, of course, your V11 is a Coppa Italia!

:bike:

:lol:

:thumbsup::stupid::thumbsup::grin:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Say Lionel, anyone for TENNI's?

SPORT is the only model name thats universally understood.

sad its so humongously misleading in this particular setting.

Haven't a clue about the question posed.

But I think it's a very apt name with respect to the V11. I know the Moto GP is held/was (at least this year) Lemans. But to most Lemans cunjours up the 24hrs and the knock on from there is the image of GT (Gran Turisimo)

Last year the V11 Trefen in Germany coincided with the 24hrs Lemans. I was at the Chunnel and you couldn't move for Porsche 911s. Saw Nobles and NSX and other strange exotica that would only normally see in the glossies or the TV.

Here's my take on two Gentleman's trans Europe express ( sorry is a repost form the original report)

060527003.jpg

Here's my take on two Gentleman's trans Europe express ( sorry is a repost form the original report)

As much as I love your Nero and my LeMans Martin, I'm afraid I'd have to take the one on the left if given the choice, even if I wasn't touring Europe ;)

why was my bike called a le mans?

Naw... it's just one of those words that sound sexy, and makes your tongue curl to pronounce it :wacko: .

If you look at Guzzi history you will find most of the bikes with names are all after famous road races that Guzzi participated in before 1957

Yea? :( except saaayy... Griso, Breva, Norge, Ambasader, Eldorado, California, Nevada, Jakal, Sahara, T3, T5, etc... :not: