My new traveling buddy

gargoyle

That looks cool!

My wife and I are going camping, but we have to take her car and my bike....too much gas money :(

If we had one of these we could just take the bike :grin:

We need details!!!

Are the tires Z rated?(just kidding) Although I wonder how stable it is at high speeds and in cross winds.

Will this modification help you keep up with hyperbikes? (just kidding)

What did you do for a hitch?

Someone could make a small fortune making V11 hitches and mounting kits for Givi Saddlebags

(not really make a fortune, but the Guzzi community would appreciate it :grin: )

So...

How did the bike handle?

Any noticeable differences?

How did you mount the hitch?

Details, man!

:D

1&2. The bike handles fine. Yes a crosswind does affect it more as do certain trucks but it bearable and predictable. The majority of the time I didn't even know it was back there. I only had it for one week so I'm still learning.

3. The hitch mounts to a subframe that bolts in at three points on each side. The top hoop bolts in right where one would attatch the rear rack and the bottom hoop picks up at the muffler points. It is a very well made asembly. You only see the lower hoop because the top one is running down behind the fender. I will get some pics of this tomorrow morning when I get home from work.

4. No the tire is not Z rated but it is a Metzler tubeless type tire. I will also post more on that.

5. Nope it won't outdo the hyperbikes but it would be a conveniant place for a large hidden fuel cell so we could just pass them when they have to stop and fill their thirsty engines. :bier:

Looks quite the thing, can i borrow it for next weeks scottish rally :P

Gary

I think it might be a wee bit expensive to ship over and then you return it by June 5 for my next outing but if you contact Jim at Schoolhouse I'm sure they can fix you up with one. When I picked mine up they had several getting ready to make big trips. One going to Sweden and another to Australia.

:!: Shameless plug :!:

logo_unigo.jpeg

bikes3113S_small.jpeg

http://www.schoolhousemcacc.com/index.php

I don't see a hitch listed for the Guzzi.

Which hitch did you use?

I was very lucky on the hitch. They just happened to acquire a used one from a LeMans a couple of days before I called to order mine. It was an original one from New Zealand. They sent it to me so I could check on the fit, which it did and I then ordered my trailer. They have located a shop that has the original Moto Guzzi jigs and are working to acquire them now. I would suggest giving them a call to check on their progress. If nothing else it will show that there is more interest in a trailer for us Guzzi riders.

Somebody had ask earlier about cost. Mine was just under $2500. out the door. Yes it isn't cheap but the saying of you get what you pay for can be invoked here. You can also find a single wheeler for under $1500 but that is basically a car top carrier in a frame. This one is so much more. Gosh I'm starting to sound like a commercial. I guess you could say that I'm just really happy so far.

:bike: For those of you who want to see it live I will be at the BMW RA Rally in Ashville NC (6/7-10) & the CO Guzzi Rally in Salida (6/15-17) next month. :bike:

:mg:

• 9 months later...
I was very lucky on the hitch. They just happened to acquire a used one from a LeMans a couple of days before I called to order mine. It was an original one from New Zealand. They sent it to me so I could check on the fit, which it did and I then ordered my trailer. They have located a shop that has the original Moto Guzzi jigs and are working to acquire them now. I would suggest giving them a call to check on their progress. If nothing else it will show that there is more interest in a trailer for us Guzzi riders.

Somebody had ask earlier about cost. Mine was just under $2500. out the door. Yes it isn't cheap but the saying of you get what you pay for can be invoked here. You can also find a single wheeler for under $1500 but that is basically a car top carrier in a frame. This one is so much more. Gosh I'm starting to sound like a commercial. I guess you could say that I'm just really happy so far.

:bike: For those of you who want to see it live I will be at the BMW RA Rally in Ashville NC (6/7-10) & the CO Guzzi Rally in Salida (6/15-17) next month. :bike:

:mg:

Cool !!!