Guzzi Ti pipes (and more) - DYNO RUN

Guest teros1

Guest teros1

Here is the dyno run of the bike with mods. I have no "before" run. Note that, as I suspected, it is running a bit rich....

post-5-1058811901_thumb.jpg

Guest teros1

I say that it's running "rich," but note the following (from an RC-51 forum):

"...The majority of tuning all comes down to the Air Fuel ratio. Optimum power is generally around 12.6:1 while the stoichiometric value for a gasoline burning engine is about 14.6:1 for a good compromise of performance & mileage...."

Guest teros1

Hare Racing

1004 W El Camino

Sunnyvale, CA

Bus: 408 730 9911

E-mail: sales@hareracing.com

Great people. Ask for Linda!

Bob

Indeed... can't say enough good things about them.

They gave me a free "remap" and dyno run 2 weeks after I finally sorted out my stumbling/missing problems by getting the valves adjusted. They certainly didn't have to do that considering the challengess of the first mapping weren't their fault at all. Great customer service goes a long way in my book!

Nice and friendly folks! ...and they have a big-screen TV to watch while you wait :D

al

My wife and I took the two day novice track day offered by Hare Racing and it was a blast. Linda was one of the instructors and let me tell you she can ride!

I will be making an appointment tomorrow for a new map on my 03 Rosso.

Thanks,

Mike

Teros1, actually the stoichiometric value of 14.6~7:1 and/or the optimum power of 12.6:1 does not really apply well to Guzzis. Water-cooled, modern technology is needed for the upper ranges, and while mid 12 ratios work well for power, they'll pay hell on mpg's. Ask the folks here that have mapped in the mid-to-high 13 range about power, pinging, and mpgs.

David, actually the posted graph does not show very good numbers for the a/f ratio target, and infact most who I've chatted with that are using the Ti-pipes have gone back to the stock ECU with a PCIII (non-custom/generic map) with decent results. I'd look forward to seeing the (custom PCIII mapped) numbers for this Ti/ECU combo.

Back to lurk mode,

Todd

GuzziTech.com

David, actually the posted graph does not show very good numbers for the a/f ratio target, and infact most who I've chatted with that are using the Ti-pipes have gone back to the stock ECU with a PCIII (non-custom/generic map) with decent results. I'd look forward to seeing the (custom PCIII mapped) numbers for this Ti/ECU combo.

I am sure it will be improved after a remap.

Todd, Do you have any A:F ratio graphs of the un-remapped stock ECUs.

I would have been certain that they would have been more off base than his graph shows.

I know my bike made a huge change after the dyno tune. Of course my muffler was probably largely responsible for Lamda being sooooo off.

Perhaps I gave the dyno dudes too much creative license.

Attached is a before and after dyno tuning.

Next time, I'll just give them Todd's recommendations.

Thanks Todd for my overlays and all the help.

DynoAF.gif

Just my farm boy former mechanic opinion, but I find seat of the pants dyno has worked well for my V11. This is after a custom map was installed and it ran too lean at high rpm. I then programmed it the old fashioned way and it leaps out of corners now, plugs are an acceptable colour, no stumble anywhere, idles fine but it does consume a bit more fuel..........big deal.

Air filter, PC3, pipes and crossover when installed separately make a bit of difference but when you combine them all as they were designed to do, it makes a big difference.

Had no problems keeping up with a friend on his ST4 thru the mountains. Both of us had luggage as we were gone for a couple of days. I think my bike was running way better than his at altitude.