Outside Diamater of Fuel LIne?

jtucker

I don't have immediate access to my bike, so can anyone tell me... what is the o.d. of the fuel lines? I'd like to get some of this stuff to insulate them:

Thermo-Tec Thermo Sleeve

And, for those familiar with my saga, it looks like the Guzzi *may* be on the road again fairly soon! I haven't been able to get all the performance work done that I had planned, so that may have to wait until winter - I just want her back! At this point, I will have the Raceco timing gears installed, because I have them on-hand. The headwork can wait, though.

Hi Jason,

....so you finally got your repaired head back?

Great to hear that you can finally get the bike back on the road, although it's too bad you didn't get a chance to get your other work done by Summer.

You'll have to let us know how the gears work out... a full installation, and long-term write-up ^_^ I'll be espeically interested to hear how they work out long-term.

BTW, why did you decide to get timing gears? I've heard some very mixed opinions and results.

Regarding the heat sheilding, this is the same stuff I've got. You'll need the 5/8"->1" diameter version. The smaller size just won't quite make it. I think I used this size even for the small fuel-injection hoses as well, as again it was just a bit too tight for the smaller size.

al

Thanks for the info, Al.

I decided to go for the gears for a few reasons:

1. To rule out slop in the timing system as a potential reason for "stoplight stumble".

2. I plan on going to a somewhat hotter cam, and again, I figured it would be nice to eliminate any slop.

3. I want that straight-cut gear sound! :bike:

That insulating sleeve looks interesting. Is it reasonably priced (I see form the link that it is offered in either 3 or 12' lengths so I guees you would need more than 3')? How about flexibility?

Gio

I've used it in the past, and it's very flexible. If memory serves, it's sort of like a fiberglass fabric which has an aluminized coating on the outside.