Something that made me laugh.... A Lot....

>>The Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, while visiting a primary

>>school

>>class, found themselves in the middle of a discussion related to words and

>>their meanings.

>>

>>

>>The teacher asked both men if they would like to lead the discussion of

>>the

>>word "tragedy". So the illustrious Rev Jackson asks the class for an

>>example

>>of a "tragedy".

>>

>>One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a

>>farm, is playing in the field and a runaway tractor comes along and knocks

>>him dead, that would be a tragedy."

>>

>>No," says the Great Jesse Jackson, "that would be an accident."

>>

>>A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove

>>over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

>>

>>I'm afraid not," explains the exalted Reverend Al. "That's what we would

>>call a great loss. " The room goes silent. No other children volunteered.

>>

>>Reverend Al searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me

>>an

>>example of a tragedy?"

>>

>>Finally at the back of the room little Johnny raises his hand. In a stern

>>voice he says: "If a plane carrying the Reverends Jackson and Sharpton

>>were

>>struck by a missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy."

>>

>>Fantastic!" exclaims Jackson and Sharpton, "That's right. And can you tell

>>me why that would be a tragedy?"

>>

>>"Well," says little Johnny, "because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great

>>loss, and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."

:huh2: who's al sharpton? :huh2:

Al Sharpton is an African American Civil Rights activist, Reverend, All around pain in the butt of the American Society. Anytime he can get a sound bite in on how his people are repressed he gets his 15 minutes of fame. He always tries to stick his nose into politics and shows up on the news for no reason what so ever.

Does that help?

You can use the same joke with any politicians or activists that you want.

Richard Z.

:bier:

you could also put Paris and Nicky Hilton.

or Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton

Somehow I trust Wikipedia more than the New York Post...

I know you are just trying to press 'buttons' as I know you are want to. But, putting motorcycle gods like Rossi and [to a much lesser extent] Edwards in the same miring muck as Hilton, Sharpton and Jackson is a slip up that I could not help pointing out. I do understand where you're going, I think.

Ciao, Steve

I know you are just trying to press 'buttons' as I know you are want to. But, putting motorcycle gods like Rossi and [to a much lesser extent] Edwards in the same miring muck as Hilton, Sharpton and Jackson is a slip up that I could not help pointing out. I do understand where you're going, I think.

Ciao, Steve

Not trying to press buttons.

Any political post is pushing buttons. It is our pal Richard that pushed my button.

Just pointing out that one person's hero is another person's villain, and there is alot of grey area inbetween people being vilified or glorified.

If you claim my mom wears combat boots, don't forget you started it when I claim your dad wears a tutu.

Regarding Edwards/Rossi, a few obsessed fan(atic)s of Team Repsol might laugh :huh2: but probably nobody else.

I am just pointing out that for some, laughing at the joke the way Richard told it, comes about as easily as laughing if the joke were told about Valentino and Colin.

A lot of people seem to hate Paris Hilton for not much of a reason, also a lot of people are her fan, also for not much of any reason that I can understand.

The good that the Reverends have done far outweighs any mistakes they have made along the way.

The same could not be said for Bush and Cheney. I say that to put things into a real perspective.

If I wanted to push buttons, I would snip censored bitter comments editted out to protect the happiness of the forum. ...

Guest ratchethack

:not:

From my perspective, the major "good" that the reverends (??) have done is for themselves and their inflated egos. :2c::2c:

Ralph, we all know there's a highly vocal minority in this country represented wall to wall in the mainstream media. These are highly conflicted idiots, so stuffed to the gills full of the finest designer propaganda money can buy, that they believe the rest of us can't see just how idiotic they are. Oh, they're as happy as they can be to stomp on YOUR First Amendment rights if you ever speak out against hypocrisy, bigotry, greed, and exploitation -- if the object of your outrage happens to be black! These idiots have the naked audacity to call us racists! The only such freedom of speech they will allow is condemnation of any HINT of hypocrisy, bigotry, greed, and exploitation by whites (real or imagined, it's all the same to them!) <_< Yeah, it's the same double standard they keep denouncing themselves. :homer:

So what do some BLACKS today think about the "Rhyming Reverends"?

Here's a link to an article by a man who's got the intelligence, strength, personal integrity, and the COURAGE to reject the yoke of modern slavery that Jackson and Sharpton want to keep him laboring under for THEIR OWN selfish interests alone -- at the expense of the minority they pretend to "protect". He's an HONEST man, UNAFRAID to speak the truth.

It's Jason Whitlock. God bless the man, he's also a Real American.

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/time-for...411111509990001

Read Whitlock's Bio:

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/jason-wh...010223709990001

Ratchethack that was a great synopsis of the two "reverends"! :bier::bier:

How in the world did Jessie get a free pass when he called NY "Hymie town"? That made Imus look like a light weight. Of course we also have Al and the "famous" rape case that turned out to be a hoax. :bbblll::bbblll:

Those two clowns have earned the right to be the butt of bezillions of jokes. :moon:

:not:

From my perspective, the major "good" that the reverends (??) have done is for themselves and their inflated egos. :2c::2c:

I know you are just trying to press 'buttons' as I know you are want to.

Ralph, we all know there's a highly vocal minority in this country represented wall to wall in the mainstream media. These are highly conflicted idiots, so stuffed to the gills full of the finest designer propaganda money can buy, that they believe the rest of us can't see just how idiotic they are. Oh, they're as happy as they can be to stomp on YOUR First Amendment rights if you ever speak out against hypocrisy, bigotry, greed, and exploitation -- if the object of your outrage happens to be black! These idiots have the naked audacity to call us racists! The only such freedom of speech they will allow is condemnation of any HINT of hypocrisy, bigotry, greed, and exploitation by whites (real or imagined, it's all the same to them!) <_ yeah it the same double standard they keep denouncing themselves. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_homer.gif" alt=":homer:">

So what do some BLACKS today think about the "Rhyming Reverends"?

Here's a link to an article by a man who's got the intelligence, strength, personal integrity, and the COURAGE to reject the yoke of modern slavery that Jackson and Sharpton want to keep him laboring under for THEIR OWN selfish interests alone -- at the expense of the minority they pretend to "protect". He's an HONEST man, UNAFRAID to speak the truth.

It's Jason Whitlock. God bless the man, he's also a Real American.

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/time-for...411111509990001

Read Whitlock's Bio:

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/jason-wh...010223709990001

Ratchethack that was a great synopsis of the two "reverends"! :bier::bier:

How in the world did Jessie get a free pass when he called NY "Hymie town"? That made Imus look like a light weight. Of course we also have Al and the "famous" rape case that turned out to be a hoax. :bbblll::bbblll:

Those two clowns have earned the right to be the butt of bezillions of jokes. :moon:

Wow, didn't know I was causing a social debate..... Yes, both of the fore mentioned Reverends have done some good. However, they tend to blow their own horn while doing so for their own agenda. Probably why they get to be the Butt of a lot of jokes. I didn't post the joke for personnal or political reasons.. I just love little Johnny Jokes.

It just happened to be one of the funniest I have heard in a while. There was no racial intent in the joke. I could put Jim Baker and Jerry Falwell in the same joke and it still be as funny.......

Not to Push Buttons.... I just thought it was a funny joke considering the content.

Richard Z.

Wow, didn't know I was causing a social debate..... Yes, both of the fore mentioned Reverends have done some good. However, they tend to blow their own horn while doing so for their own agenda. Probably why they get to be the Butt of a lot of jokes. I didn't post the joke for personnal or political reasons.. I just love little Johnny Jokes.

It just happened to be one of the funniest I have heard in a while. There was no racial intent in the joke. I could put Jim Baker and Jerry Falwell in the same joke and it still be as funny.......

Not to Push Buttons.... I just thought it was a funny joke considering the content.

Richard Z.

Politics can build momentum like a snow man's head rolling down a dense powder covered ski slope towards the ski lodge.

I wish it could have stayed at your and my first posts.

I did not mean to be a kill joy, but I guess I am in present company :unsure:

Wow, didn't know I was causing a social debate.....

Reverends => religion => pointless discussion on a Guzzi forum... You could have known :D

I just thought it was a funny joke considering the content.

That's what I thought too! :D And nothing more.