1979 Guzzi T3 questions

Dirtybill

Promised a friend of mine I'd ask this on here as I'm definitely in the dark when it comes to old Guzzis.

He's purchased a 79 R90S and 79 T3 from a guy and wants to bring the Guzzi into spec for Collector status plates. It's been rejected because it has LeMans mufflers on it so he needs T3 pipes.

Is there a company that makes new ones that would be classed as original equip? Or does anyone have some originals?

Guest John Y

You should be able to buy original LaFranconi mufflers for it new; at least you can in Australia and at a reasonable price. Otherwise there are aftermarket mufflers for these bikes by Sito, Staintune and others. Alternatively a Guzzi wrecker should have an old set of original pipes which are suitable. Some say the T3 was the best Guzzi ever made...until the V11, anyway!

John Y

V11 LeMans

1979 cafe-SP

1972 Nuovo Falcone Militaire

1972 Stornello 160

MGCycle sells Lafranconi replacements, I believe. Mark at MotoGuzziClassics probably has old stock pipes if that's what you'd rather have.

I also have a soft spot for those old Tonti frames. Christ, they're ugly bikes, but they are comfortable and dependable. 180,000 miles on mine, and it only left me walking one time- and that was my fault.

Cheers,

Jason