9k service, what's involved?

wheelsucker

I bought a Guzzi manual, it just hasn't arrived yet and am wondering what is usually done at 9k? Might take it on myself if its just an oil change. I had the big service at 6k done, checked valves and other stuff, maybe I can start doing the oil changes and having the stealership do the 6,12,18k etc services

I know some of you are going to say I should or can do everything, but I don't have that much desire with a dealer 5 miles away and another bike that I can ride while the Guzzi's getting serviced.

Sorry but I gotta say it. There's no maint work a Guzzi needs that you can't do yourself. In fact they are easier to work on then most bikes. I will also add that while yor local dealer may not be as bad as some, my experience with them is that you can do it better yourself. You can take your time and lavish the love. But, to each his own.

If your 5 minutes away, are you in Elkridge? I am.

If you don't already have it, and you are going to do you oil change, get one of Pete Roper's sloppage sheets.

I had Speeds install mine because, I didn't have the time at the time and I also wanted him to check out something else.

If you guys are that close (Elkridge and B'more), we should all get together one of these days! I'm in Alexandria.

If you are the Rally types, head to Buena Vista, Virginia for the VA Rally 2 Fridays from now. It is going to be an excellent Rally (25th VA Rally) with Rick Fisher, the Mid Atlantic Rep for Piaggio Group America, plus Dan Speaker (Speaker's Cycles) will be there with at least one Norge and one Cal Vintage for demo rides, and probably 2 other dealers there as well.

http://www.vaguzzi.com/?a=meets&m=37

The roads are great - BRP is 5 minutes from the Rally site - people are lots of fun... and generally just a great time to be had by all.

:mg:

Sean

I'm in Ellicott City actually, so Speed's is only a couple back roads away. I really like Speed's and think he and his guys do outstanding work and are quite honest, but if I can save myself the 3 or 4 day turn around time and the money by doing an oil change myself in an hour or two then fine.

As for the rally, I've never been to one yet and would love to go, but unfortunately I'm leaving for vacation on the 21st of June and won't be back until 1 July.

If you guys want to get together sometime let me know. A buddy who rides a Duc monster and I are heading to Wellsboro, Pa sometime in mid/late July to see the great "Grand Canyon of the East Coast" if you guys are interested.