Heavier bar end weights

Guest John Y

Guest John Y

G'day all,

I disassembled my handlebar end weights yesterday - seems like a complicated way to do it to me, with several components being used when it seems that only one is required - a machined weight which screws into the threaded end of the handlebar! Of course I'm no engineer so maybe there's a good reason why Guzzi did it their way... My question is: if I want to fit heavier weights than standard, in an effort to minimize the 'buzz', is there any reason why I can't just screw it straight onto the end of the handlebar, or do I need to utilise Guzzis seemingly over-complicated method of retaining the weights??

Thanks,

John Y

V11 LeMans

cafe-SP

Nuovo Falcone

Stornello 160

Hmmm, Guzzi must have changed designs. My bar-end weights were one-piece. They screwed right into the bars, so I don't see why you can't make some up. The threads are quite shallow and fine though, so you might have a hard time finding a die for it.

Cheers,

Yeah, mine were multi-piece... a long heavy rod, with a rubber coating that I guess "squished" when the bar ends were tightened??

Anyway, I put in the Throttlemeister "heavyweight" bar end in mine. They don't use threads, just a "universal" rubber plug, but once it's in.... it's in :thumbsup:

Although they may have a screw-in version by now. I had the first on our bikes from them from what I hear, and at the time the only one they could recommend was the universal fit one I've got.

Very good quality, and very heavy :grin:

al

Guest mcloutier

Moto International has a heavier bar end weight that they had manufactured for them. They use a compression type of attachment. They put them on the bikes they sell. I like them. I don't know how much they want for them.

Guest scottd132

Dave at Moto International told me their weight is a stock Aprillia item , don't know the part number or from which bike, but yes they sell all of their V11's with them.

Scott in Seattle

Guest Jeff in Ohio

or.....

go go to www.barender.com and get a set that LOCK so you can hang your helemt from the bars. These are stainless steel and are HEAVY........