Photos from European Tour June 2007

Guzzirider

A group of us (including 3 V11s) spent the first 17 days in June riding around Europe, finding mountain passes, nice campsites, drinking beer and generally having fun.

I won't bore you with a long winded report but basically we started in Belgium, rode through France, then the Black Forest in Germany, through Switzerland, Austria to the Dolomites in northern Italy, then down to Mandello where I celebrated my 40th birthday then back up through Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium and home.

Helen's V11 was faultless but Mal's developed a clutch slip (due to suspected oil contamination). I was hit from behind by a car while queuing for the ferry in Hull and suffered a snapped footpeg (crash mushrooms and panniers saved any other damage- those Rossopuro things work even though they are ugly!!). In France, my speedo stopped working. I thought it was a cable but it turned out that the whole speedo is jammed. Near the top of the Stelvio Pass, I was unable to change up above second gear. This problem then cleared itself on the descent but returned in Zurich and in Germany. In the Vosges mountains in France, my bike became unstable at slow speeds which I think may be a knackered front wheel bearing.

Finally, while I was limping to the ferry in Belgium my headlight, horn and rev counter stopped working which turned out to be a loose relay. But SHE GOT ME HOME!!!

Only bike to break down was Magnus's BMW GS which had a bearing fail in the rear drive in a tunnel near Mandello, stranding him and Karen for hours. He rented a Guzzi from Agostini's for a couple of days whilst it got fixed.

Pics can be found at Holiday pics.

Guy :helmet:

Guy, great pictures, there was only one thing missing...me ! Really sorry I missed the trip. I'm hoping a large bribe will get me on the list for next year. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cheers,

Mark

Ps Have not forgot I still owe you some cash for the Swiss motorway tolls.

PPs The texts seem to have dried up. Put me back on the list. My favourite is still the nine volt battery / womans arsehole one !

Guy, great pictures, there was only one thing missing...me ! Really sorry I missed the trip. I'm hoping a large bribe will get me on the list for next year. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cheers,

Mark

Ps Have not forgot I still owe you some cash for the Swiss motorway tolls.

PPs The texts seem to have dried up. Put me back on the list. My favourite is still the nine volt battery / womans arsehole one !

Be good to have you along next year Mark, and I hope you managed to sort everything you needed to.

Thinking of maybe Spain next year- and renting a large villa in the Andalucian mountains with a garage and a pool so we don't have to lug around tents etc. Who knows, the call of the Alps is always strong so we may head that way again.

Regards

Guy :helmet: