A sad day today.

Crooz

First I would like to thank each & every one of you guys for your knowledge and friendship over the past 9 months. It been a learning and fun experience. I would also like to say that you Guzzi owners are a rare and unique breed of characters with more personality (and personalities) than any other Bike Forum members I have beer been around.

I had a weak moment today and traded my 2002 LeMans for a new Asian V-Twin. They offered me a better deal than I expected, and being that they are also a Guzzi Dealership that probably helped. I had not had the first bit of trouble from my Guzzi, but each time I rode it I was always worried about some small this or that happening to it as I had read about the various gremlins that sometimes surface. My rear brake often dragged, so I found myself rarly using it so to avoid this once it had loosened up. Each time I shifted gears I done so gently as I was worried about the return spring failing. Each time I parked the bike while extremely hot I was worrined if it would refire due to the sensor gremlin many of you have mentioned. Changing the oil was also not a simple task. I sort of made my decision to change last evening while coming home from a bike night on my Guzzi... my low fuel light never really came on, yet the bike skipped twice, and cut-off once during this 25 mile trip. When I got home I noted that the fuel level was indeed the culprit. This morning my low fuel light worked... go figure. Yes, I am more worrysome than most, but these constant worries robbed from my enjoyment of riding this V-twin beauty. It had become more enjoyable lately for me to look at my LeMans than for me to ride it. Had I a local Guzzi mechanic to rely on should problems arrise things would have been different.... however it's 55 miles and on the other side of the neighboring city to the cloesest one. So today when I had the chance to upgrade from 2002 bike, to a 2007 bike with full warrenty for only $2500, I just couldn't refuse. I hope I don't regret this decision.

So, you can call me a coward, or a worrywart, that's fine. But one thing I will not do is belittle the Guzzi name. I truly love these bikes. :mg: I even tried to trade for a new Griso or Norge today... but the figures just didn't fit my budget (too many bikes in the corral and a Daughter in College). As much as I love the Norge, I just can't see it being worth $3200 more than a new FJR. As much as I love the Griso, I can't rationalize spending $3500 to $5000 extra vs a large naked asian twin. I will be a Guzzi Fan for life... and hopefull in the years to come I can procure another, when circumstances are different.

Thanks to all of you for your friendship and knowledge. :thumbsup:

I will be a Guzzi Fan for life... and hopefull in the years to come I can procure another, when circumstances are different.

I wish you great riches so that you may easily buy a Norge AND a Griso!

Don't be a stranger :bier:

:2c: I guess happiness is where you find it.

Although I loved my '03 Honda ST1300, it did everything I ever asked it to do, it left a "sterile" feeling in my soul. :blush:

My Guzzi's require more looking after and always reward me with bigger grins and real pride in the brotherhood of ownership. :bier:

Ciao Crooz

Congratulations on your new purchase. I hope it brings you everything you were looking for in a bike.

Like stogieBill, my last bike was a VFR that also did everything asked of it, never had any maintenance issues, never broke down, was competent and fun.

On the shear fun meter, I still have to say nothing compares to the Guzzi. I still grin every time I get on and off it. There's just something visceral about them, that I have yet to find in any other bike.

You'll be back.

I look forward to you returning with the..."I finally bought another Guzzi, great to be back" thread.

Best of luck, ride safely, see you soon.

:mg:

Doug

Thanks again to each of you, yes I probably will be back at some point.

BTW.. I have a new lower Oil Pan gasket, a new shift return spring, and numerious Moto Guzzi patches if anyone is interested. PM me if so.

Guest Nogbad

Good luck with it.

I keep wondering if I should let mine go. I seem to ride the Buell more, and I am thinking I need a touring bike really rather than another sports naked. I could stick with Guzzi and get an old full dress Cali maybe.

I sold my Triumph Sprint ST955i last night. I know how you feel. I'm sad about it, but there are always other bikes. I took my 1982 Kaw. KZ1000R1 Eddie Lawson Replica out for a ride today. I've neglected riding it since I have the Trump and the Sport.

But since you traded for an asian bike tdue to reliability, I will add this. In 4 years, will you get the same great trade in offer? I'll bet not. It might seem like a good deal now, but if you decide to trade again you might end up keeping the asian bike alot longer than expected. Asian bikes just don't have the $$ trade in value.

I sold the Sprint for $400 over NADA and the buyer didn't even blink or haggle. I actually sold it for $900 over what I had in it. I had it on Ebay and it had 46 watchers and 1500 views in 3 days. You won't see many asian bike get that kind of attention.

Enjoy the asian twin. You didn't mention which one it is. However, after a recent track day riding an SV650, I was almost sold on one too. Then I took the Guzzi out on the track and it changed my mind.

Good Luck

Richard Z.

aka vesparider

I sold my Triumph Sprint ST955i last night. I know how you feel. I'm sad about it, but there are always other bikes.

But since you traded for an asian bike to due to reliability, I will add this. In 4 years, will you get the same great trade in offer? I'll bet not. It might seem like a good deal now, but if you decide to trade again you might end up keeping the asian bike alot longer than expected. Asian bikes just don't have the $$ trade in value.

I sold the Sprint for $400 over NADA and the buyer didn't even blink or haggle. I actually sold it for $900 over what I had in it. I had it on Ebay and it had 46 watchers and 1500 views in 3 days. You won't see many asian bike get that kind of attention.

Enjoy the asian twin. You didn't mention which one it is.

I agree that the LeMans had lost the bulk of its value, and that it may very well be worth near the same amount 4 years from now. Triumph sportbike are very simlar... limited market, loose value like a rock the first 2 or 3 years then settle in around the $3500 to $4200 range. As far as their trade-in value... it's non existant anywhere other than a Triumph Dealer in a warm weather state.... much like Guzzi's.

Yea, my new asian twin will also loose value like any bike. But when you pay under $8000 for a new bike that's not as big a deal as if it were an Aprillia or something expensive. It's a SV1000s by the way. I just sold one 2 months ago, and sort of missed it. And yes it too sold on Ebay, and I too had 40plus watchers, and hundreds of views. The SV1000s was the most fun bike I have ever owned, bar none. Now if I lived where there were nothing but straight flat roads, it would be a different story. You know, all these kids riding around town on their GSXR's & Ninja's haven't a clue how much more fun they would have on a track or in the mountains if they had a V-twin. I may never go back to a in-line 4 myself.

Naked Asian twins actually sound pretty good . . . :food:

I hope you'll ride it over the mountain to the South'n Spine Raid next summer. You'll enjoy the company and the rest of us can appreciate a naked Asian twin. :o

I like the SV1000. It gets good write ups, the only thing they seem to complain about is the budget suspension. But that's where the value for money equation comes in. Wouldn't bother me I'm still bouncing around on my out of the box settings.

I could make comments about the supposedly quality of finish. But even if made out of inert material, given my care regime it would rust :(

Crooz, before you go, from where did you get your avatars? I always liked them I have to say. Who's that women or, better, the fotografer?

Hubert

:pic: The 'Woman' = the wife.

She ain't half bad... if only she didn't have all those darn moods!!!!!!

I had not had the first bit of trouble from my Guzzi, but each time I rode it I was always worried about some small this or that happening to it as I had read about the various gremlins that sometimes surface.

Any vehicle will have failures.

Enjoy your new bike.

Don't read an internet forum specific to the new bike, or you'll worry about it, too...

I rode my Nero Corsa from Virginia to Utah to Texas to Arkansas last September. 4500 miles over a couple of weeks. I was a long way from any kind of help for any brand on that ride and the Guzzi brought me safely home.

You never had a failure on your Guzzi. I hope that's what you tell people who ask about your former machine...

Guest ratchethack

You never had a failure on your Guzzi. I hope that's what you tell people who ask about your former machine...

:stupid::mg::thumbsup::bier: