Does anyone know

The Foggster

Does anyone know the name of the little Italian fellow who only occasionally gets up from his chair to activate my neutral light.

:( Also is he related to the chap who activates my Oil light when it rains.

:thumbsup: Are they a family because the one who engages my engine start needs to be reminded by my fiddling with every switch before he decides to make the necessary connection.

Yours in completely bemused ownership

THE FOGGSTER

Guest ratchethack

Foggster, I b'lieve there may be a clue to your bemusement in your nom de plume ?! Sounds to me like it's time to properly introduce your fine Italian machinery, which had it's origins in the relatively balmy, mild and temperate climate of Lombardy, at the foot of the mighty Dolomites at Lago di Como , to the relative cold and ever-rising-damp of Old Blighty. . . ;)

I note that you've posted 7 times to date. Please forgive if any of the following is redundant, in case you've been "lurking". Making no assumptions about wot may've been done and not done thus far, I must ask:

What transmission lube are you using? Several posters to this Forum have discovered that the neutral light stops misbehaving immediately with an upgrade to Redline Shockproof Heavy (which I wholeheartedly endorse after many years of happy use in the Guzzi for a number of reasons unrelated to neutral light operation). Seems the neutral light activating plunger likes the stuff every bit as well as the entire gear cluster and shifting forks, sliding muffs, engagement dogs, etc. Per a recent related thread, you may discover a friendly local stocking dealer here:

http://www.redlineoil.com/dealers.asp

What relays are you using? There are dozens of threads about relays on this Forum.

CAUTION - Discernment is called for when reading about relays on this Forum! :o

IMHO the ratio of raw, uninformed, baseless to near-baseless speculation and guesswork on relays is currently running about 10:1 over well-informed, credible, professional expertise and logic-based, rational analysis! <_<

Again, per recent posts on this, Guzzisti in the UK (I can also offer a personal endorsement from the U.S.) have found that the GEI relays from Dan Prunuske here:

http://www.dpguzzi.com/relay.htm

-- Have been a successful replacement for the notoriously dodgy stock relays. As a source for Guzzi relays, Dan is an exceptionally knowledgeable, credible, professional, and trustworthy source offering Guzzisti uncommon attention to customer service, IMHO offers a high value product at a very modest price, and backs the sale of his relays with a lifetime guarantee. If I may pose another Q -- For wot else might one have any need to ask?? :huh2:

BTW -- I'd encourage anyone interested in relay replacement to consult Dan's most excellent FAQ's at the link above.

BTW, Part II -- From Dan's FAQ's: "...the price of 4 relays shipped to Great Britian is $2.00 more than the USA prices shown."

BTW, Part III -- If y'er so inclined, the link to Dan's HOME site at link above provides an excellent resource for local bowling scores, as well as up to date weather forecasts in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. :lol: Now Poms, of course, may find this "quite" provincial ;) , but folks here in the Colonies, on the other hand, tend to find this sort o' thing positively Keilloresque. . . . :thumbsup:

Fog? Wot fog?? Rain? Wot rain?? ;):whistle:

Does anyone know the name of the little Italian fellow who only occasionally gets up from his chair to activate my neutral light.

:( Also is he related to the chap who activates my Oil light when it rains.

:thumbsup: Are they a family because the one who engages my engine start needs to be reminded by my fiddling with every switch before he decides to make the necessary connection.

Yours in completely bemused ownership

THE FOGGSTER

I think its this little fella. Happy and easygoing but a stranger to electronics. Like me.

4279.jpg