Masochist required.

pete roper

If I were to buy Solo's Scura would anyone be willing to ride it from New Hampshire to LA for me?

Pete

What timetable we looking at here, Pete? You going to be in L.A. (or izzit LA, as in Louisiana?) next week, or ???

'Cause if there's time to shop around for cheap airfare, then I suspect you'll have lots of volunteers... ;)

OTOH, if you need it here yesterday, it might be hard to find someone who can drop everything & make it happen for you, despite how much we all value & admire you. Life's gotta go on, y'know?

Details, details. Especially: why would you want to buy a Scura: I thought you were happy as clams w/ the Griso?

:mg:

What timetable we looking at here, Pete? You going to be in L.A. (or izzit LA, as in Louisiana?) next week, or ???

'Cause if there's time to shop around for cheap airfare, then I suspect you'll have lots of volunteers... ;)

OTOH, if you need it here yesterday, it might be hard to find someone who can drop everything & make it happen for you, despite how much we all value & admire you. Life's gotta go on, y'know?

Details, details. Especially: why would you want to buy a Scura: I thought you were happy as clams w/ the Griso?

:mg:

Yup, love the Big G. But I don't have a spiney or a loop. Of all the V11's I like the Scura best 'cos it's got TOTR suspension which matters lots to me!

As for timeframe? No urgency at all. The other alternative would be for me to get someone to ride it down to Houston for me so I can get MPH to stick a real clutch and flywheel in it then I'll fly over some time next year and ride it to the west coast.

Getting it back to Oz could be a problem but since it's a 'Limited Edition' that shouldn't be too hard to sort. If worst come to worst I'll just keep it in California somewhere!

Pete

I also see that 'richpugh' (Sp?) wants a fat wheel. If this Scura thing happens I'd be more than happy to swap its absurdly sized rear wheel with a narrower one. No reply on the Scura yet???

Pete

Guest ratchethack

. . . If this Scura thing happens I'd be more than happy to swap its absurdly sized rear wheel with a narrower one. . .

Pete

Tsk tsk, Pete. Popular Kulture Fashion Police and Bling Parade Pilots WILL NOT approve! :o:whistle:

On the other hand, I'm sure you can make at least one of 'em deliriously happy. . . :wacko:

New Hampshire to Houston may be an easier sell than clear across country.

I stand by ready to assist per overnight lodging, logistics,

airport transport, etc.

Just sayin....

Todd, roughly how much in $ to get your lot to swap out the hand grenade, sorry, clutch and bung in something decent? Either a ten springer or a RAM, not bothered which as long as it wouldn't saw the gearbox off by exploding :grin:

It'll give me an excuse to come visit, pick the bugger up and ride it to LA myself :thumbsup: (I can feel my back protesting already! :grin: )

Pete

If I were to buy Solo's Scura would anyone be willing to ride it from New Hampshire to LA for me?

Pete

Aaaa...the summer of my discontent. First I had to turn down crewing on a Fairhaven

to Bermuda race now this. If for no other than it can be shipped for a fraction of the price

of someone riding it / hotels/ airfare/ fuel. I've seen trans continental bike shipping a lot for

a mere $500. I can't find that specific outfit (saw 'em a lot over @ "biketrader.com"

but here's a link to an outfit I found quick. It looks like there's even a green V11 sport on

a pallet in their advertising!

http://www.funtransport.com/quoting.html

Beginning to look like a plan :D

Pete

If you're doing it next year, I am planning a cross-country trip (well, actually a "there and back" trip) and so far it looks like I am solo.

Leaving Alexandria, VA. hitting various stopping points along the way that are yet undecided, on the way to Malibu, CA for the National in late June.

If it is still on this coast at that time, I'd be happy to join the ride to California.

If not -- see you there!

:bike:

Lets see, 4K miles on an unfaired bike with ergos for folks under 6' and flexible? Count me in. But I'm interested in the original deal NH to LA. If you're fixed on Todd putting in a clutch, I can't help. I lived an worked 5 years about a mile from Todd's place in my preGuzzi days. Enough is enough. Once you realize El Paso Texas is only half way from Houston to LA much of the Glamor is gone. My time frame would be mid August. I'll PM you to swap details. Carry on your other options, I can see a huge herd of Guzzis going East to West. In my dreams.

Lets see, 4K miles on an unfaired bike with ergos for folks under 6' and flexible? Count me in. But I'm interested in the original deal NH to LA. If you're fixed on Todd putting in a clutch, I can't help. I lived an worked 5 years about a mile from Todd's place in my preGuzzi days. Enough is enough. Once you realize El Paso Texas is only half way from Houston to LA much of the Glamor is gone. My time frame would be mid August. I'll PM you to swap details. Carry on your other options, I can see a huge herd of Guzzis going East to West. In my dreams.

That would be a very cool idea. Maybe meet different forum members along the way & hit us up for hot shower & a cot for the night here & there. I'm thinking of a digital camera photo journey updated here as you go along. :pic: Its just a thought :grin: