Is Hello too obvious?

Guest gyles

Only downside is taht the profile on the sides isn't there so you have no good wearing indicator. They should have made the small holes that slicks have.

Yup - I totally agree Paul

Hello Alex - thanks for the welcome.

Lovely bike the Sport Corsa - I was lucky enough to have a ride on one at Cadwell a few weeks back (at the same time as the MGS01 & Raceco Daytona - well not literally at the same time :D

The corsa is my dream 2 valve Guzzi - I have an 1100sport inj I'm building a track/race bike from.

Cheers Alex - here is a pic of the Corsa (though I'm sure you have plenty) :)

post-5788-1188569517_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup - I totally agree Paul

Hello Alex - thanks for the welcome.

Lovely bike the Sport Corsa - I was lucky enough to have a ride on one at Cadwell a few weeks back (at the same time as the MGS01 & Raceco Daytona - well not literally at the same time :D

The corsa is my dream 2 valve Guzzi - I have an 1100sport inj I'm building a track/race bike from.

Cheers Alex - here is a pic of the Corsa (though I'm sure you have plenty) :)

Great pic over there at the track. :thumbsup: I'm stupid enough to take it sometimes to the streets like this. :whistle:

If you dig into open Eproms , let me know .

I have developed some of mine with the help of AFR (see first video on my sig) and a couple of other versions sold in ebay with :thumbsup: impressions from the buyers.The temp charts are also done well so cold or hot will get just about the same AFR performance/(never done on any chip around)

Love this bike looks good at any angle.

dscn0597tx4.jpg

dscn0671copyxq9.jpg

Cheers :bier:

Alex,

Is it a dedicated chip for the corsa mate? Or would a standard injection with termis run OK with it?

Do you use a Power Commander with it too?

I only ask because I bought my bike (1100sport) minus an ECU. I have the ECU now but no chip?

Cheers Alex.

:bier:

G

Alex,

Is it a dedicated chip for the corsa mate? Or would a standard injection with termis run OK with it?

Do you use a Power Commander with it too?

I only ask because I bought my bike (1100sport) minus an ECU. I have the ECU now but no chip?

Cheers Alex.

G

I have 2 finnal versions developed ,

1.Optimized AFR for Mistral exhaust + crossover + open filter.

2.Open Eprom for Termignoni exhaust + open filter. Though this is not tested in AFR, I have done it combining my experience and other chips that where dynoed in a Termi Bike. And the result is very close to optimization.

Idle works perfect and there is not any noticable hole in the middle RPM people who got it told me their positiver impressions

No power commander is needed just put it on the standard ECU and start rockin'

I PM you my ebay profile

Nice to read some people still enjoy Guzzi racing!

Hope we meet sometime all together

Hello !!

Yes indeed - great to meet you and great to see there is another like minded soul out there.

Tell me more about your racing in Belgium and your bike (looks great).

Cheers,

Gyles

I have 2 finnal versions developed ,

1.Optimized AFR for Mistral exhaust + crossover + open filter.

2.Open Eprom for Termignoni exhaust + open filter. Though this is not tested in AFR, I have done it combining my experience and other chips that where dynoed in a Termi Bike. And the result is very close to optimization.

Idle works perfect and there is not any noticable hole in the middle RPM people who got it told me their positiver impressions

No power commander is needed just put it on the standard ECU and start rockin'

I PM you my ebay profile

Hey Alex, I will definately have one from you mate... at the minute though I haven't even started the project but as soon as I need a chip I will be in touch for sure. Thanks again mate.

Nice to read some people still enjoy Guzzi racing!

dcr07zat00857eg4.jpg

Hope we meet sometime all together

Nice Goose up there. It looks like the carb model? With nice Öhlins

Do I see a wide rim at the rear, any other mods done with it to the rear suspension to fit eight or whatever?

Cheers :bier:

Hey Alex, I will definately have one from you mate... at the minute though I haven't even started the project but as soon as I need a chip I will be in touch for sure. Thanks again mate.

OK Gyles, Just try a PM or email ,I usually check these often when I am on my PC.

There ain't no much of racing here. Just like to visit some trackdays occasionally. Real racing is just too expensive. Beside, I've put all the money in the bike!

It is a carb model. Sold my Le Mans 850 and T3California to get te money to buy her brandnew back in 1995. I just loved the Sport model, still do. But in 2002 I decided to quit 'racing' on the street and started to chop her.

The engine was allready done but she had to loose weight. So I finally ended up with this 165kg (365lbs) and almost 95 hp strong 2valve raging wasp.

Backwheel rim is indeed 5,5" (Ghezzi-Brian forged alu wheels) to fit the Michelin Power Race Soft tires.

If you click the helmet below you can find some more pics.

165kg is very very impressive indeed !!!!!!!!

I was racing at snetterton a few months back and got my RS weighed - fully wet 215 kg !!! not sure where you managed to shed 50kg! I am really impressed. The raceco daytona got down to 169kg at its lightest. I had a ride on it a few weeks back at cadwell. 130bhp and 180kg(ish).... a lovely machine.

G

are you running FCR flatsides?

95 is a good solid output for a 2 valve guzzi. the RS is 106 at the rear wheel without any engine mods other than a raceco exhaust and powercommander III.

maybe you could make it over to do a thunderbikes race in the UK next year?

let me know if I can help at all.

cheers,

gyles

here is the raceco daytona

gyles

post-5788-1188940944_thumb.jpg

Always loved to see the Raceco Daytona win races on very high level. Amedeo Castellani helped me out a lot preparing my engine, indirectly. Lots of stuff came from him, like the SS3cam, valves, distribution, carillo rods and especially his 'how to' comment. I'm not with the Keihin FCR's but Mikuni TMR flatslides. Because I still rode on the street those days I needed carbs with choke. That time the Keihins didn't had choke.

To loose all the weight I just stripped it completely. I don't have any electrics except for the ignition, a small 7Ah battery, carbonfibre parts, a small 8litre alu fueltank, no starter, no alternator, no speedo, ... just the essentials. The less, the more. The Daytona has the injection, fuelpump and a lot of electrics.

I was once in Lydden, must been 10 years ago, but I would like to come over once again.

dcr07zat00857eg4.jpg

good to see you here: so you managed to put the Ohlins at the front ! (it was originally for my Ghezzi, but it wouldn't fit without major surgery)

Hi, nice to meet u again... virtually this time.

Didn't have much trouble fixing the forks and the result is state of art. The feeling now is outstanding. Won't believe 'till you ride it. The best way to show is when taking slow narrow turnings where i had to work fysically to get it done are now allmost easy to take. Have been thinking several times to mount the pegs higher but i can't find a proper rearset that matches.

@gyles:

I've seen some pics of your bike and wondered what kind of rearset u are using. I'm not tall (and small feet) so the gearlever should be rather close to the peg. (Even the original peg is a bit too far away)

to your previous reply:

Would you think this should be necessary? :P

I've tried to eliminate the frame part between the gearbox and rearfork. Could be between the ears but it didn't feel quite right. Felt like overloading the rear. But it could also been a wrong tire choice (180/60/17 instead of a 180/55/17) I'v remounted the frame part and a 180/55 and it's much more stable now.

Besides, the Sport frame doesn't have the alu strenghtening between gearbox and rearfork. It's a simple frame part that can't work without the alu side plates. If i was to chop off those, i would have to make other strenghtening. I that case I'm not winning anything.

(I'm sorry for my 'English'. I'm not really used to speak or write in English. So, I hope everyone does get what I really mean to say)

dsc6172jc5.jpg

well, chopping the frame plates does not gain that much weight. And to compensate, you need to make the subframe stronger. Racecoo did have a modified frame there. I did make a custom subframe there, with crossbracing. This is where the swingarm is mounted on the bike and to have a strong point makes a lot of sense. look here for my frame:

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v12/engine2.jpg

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v12/frame11.jpg

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v12/frame10.jpg

I have the short gearbox, so it's a little differerent. Since the long swingarm, rear suspension realy is working

well, chopping the frame plates does not gain that much weight. And to compensate, you need to make the subframe stronger. Racecoo did have a modified frame there. I did make a custom subframe there, with crossbracing. This is where the swingarm is mounted on the bike and to have a strong point makes a lot of sense. look here for my frame:

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v12/engine2.jpg

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v12/frame11.jpg

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/v12/frame10.jpg

I have the short gearbox, so it's a little differerent. Since the long swingarm, rear suspension realy is working

Hi Paul,

Yes... your frame looks really nice... I was only really joking when I suggested it - it is quite an extreme thing to do to shed some weight !!

Going racing this weekend at Snetterton - wish me luck !!

All the best,

Gyles