Is Hello too obvious?

Guest gyles

Hello to all on the forum... as there was a link for introducing yourself I thought it rude if I didn't.

I am afraid I have to own up tho - I don't have a v11. I have had one in the past though if that counts.

I have a couple of Daytonas - a 1000ie and an RS which I am racing this year in the UK in Thunderbikes. I also have a lemans special, 1100sport inj and a '76 s3.

Anyway... hello to all and I'm pleased to have signed up - looks a really good forum.

Cheers,

Gyles

post-5788-1188302016_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul,

Thanks mate... I obviously know of your Guzzi - she is a lovely lovely machine. I saw it in the flesh at the GMG last year when you were going in for your photo !!

Do you race her Paul?

I have some more pics from Cadwell if anyone is interested - of the MGS01 and Raceco Daytona.

Cheers,

Gyles

Hi Gyles!

Fancy seeing you here!!

I now have secret Daytona envy- was chatting to Bruce at the weekend about getting a fast Daytona motor for my V11- he's a bad man and will make me bankrupt with his suggestions!

Guy :helmet:

Guy !!

Hello mate. I followed the link you'd put in the guzziclubgb forum and was very impressed with the v11 forum so thought i'd join...

ooooo... going down the v4 route eh? that would be one very special v11...

cummon guy - if anyone can do it - you can.

cheers mate,

Gyles

Welcome to the forum Gyles!

I for one would love to see some pictures of your race bikes.

Hi Tom,

here are a few pics mate.

G

oooo think i'm making a pigs ear of this... here 'should be some more pics'.

post-5788-1188328247_thumb.jpg

post-5788-1188328267_thumb.jpg

post-5788-1188328456_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate... I obviously know of your Guzzi - she is a lovely lovely machine. I saw it in the flesh at the GMG last year when you were going in for your photo !!

Do you race her Paul?

I have some more pics from Cadwell if anyone is interested - of the MGS01 and Raceco Daytona.

Well I go on the track, and to be on the track @ the ducati club race, you have to race. It's more touring on the track what I do, but I love it. To be on the startgrid, and be there with 40 others, standing waiting for the light to go out, and then in the same time all 40 bikes try to get in the first corner fast, I love that. In the end I'm the last one over the finish line but the grin is so big the helmet won't fit anymore. I do like riding on the track more than the public road.

If you like to have your own page in the gallery on my website, you're welcome. You can upload the pictures there on your own. Click on register there: http://www.fastguzzi.nl/gallery/main.php

Guy, I think we meet soon, we can discuss your 4v wish then. But something should be there to be whished for, or not?

Welcome here Gyles.

I did see the cadwell pictures, you had a lot of fun there. Maybe next time I can come over the water to join.

Daytona on the track is more fun then on the road. Like in this picture:

0004.jpg

see you have some supercorsa pros paul...? very good tyres don't you think? is that a 180 on yours?

G

Hello there Giles, how you do? Not really much of a surprise to see you here. You'll see a lot of opinions here and both good and bad advice but it's all Guzzi and therefore all good.

The Staintune cans work very well on the Daytona - again, many thanks. However, my Mistral x-over disintigrated last week so the 'colostomy bag' is back on until I replace or repair, also I think the throttle pot sensor is on the blink.

I'm on the Tenni most of the time just now. I've just got it some new 'holiday shoes' for the pilgrimage to Mandello. I'm guessing you won't be going this year as you'll be kicking-ass at Snetterton that weekend - good luck. I'm still hoping to get to Brands Hatch for the last race but not 100% sure.

I'll try to nip down to your's before I leave for Italy - you've got to see the Tenni, now with the titanium race kit on, (another e-bay bargain), it is beautiful and I'm a lucky, lucky guy.

All the best, Robert.

Hello mate, glad those staintune silencers work nicely - i'd like to have a listen to the Daytona with those on. I took my daytona (standard) to cadwell for that weekend and she managed a measely 98db. I felt ashamed. Mindst, the RS was 104.

Yup, wish I was going to Mandello but I'm at Snett (as you say)... I'd be prepared to miss Snett to go but its bought and paid for and money down the drain if I don't ride... plus we seem to be getting faster and faster so I should try and stay on the boil.

Re-fitted the airbox for Snett after alot of folk reckon its really efficient and 'free power' if it does work. Guess we'll see with the laptimes.

Love to see the tenni mate if you are close ever.... drop in for a cuppa.

A mate saw you the other day - blatted past him on the Daytona and he bumped into you at a petrol station outside Glasgee. He'd borrowed my van to take his duke (yeeuch) for a service.

What boots you put on the tenni?

G

Hello mate, glad those staintune silencers work nicely - i'd like to have a listen to the Daytona with those on. I took my daytona (standard) to cadwell for that weekend and she managed a measely 98db. I felt ashamed. Mindst, the RS was 104.

Yup, wish I was going to Mandello but I'm at Snett (as you say)... I'd be prepared to miss Snett to go but its bought and paid for and money down the drain if I don't ride... plus we seem to be getting faster and faster so I should try and stay on the boil.

Re-fitted the airbox for Snett after alot of folk reckon its really efficient and 'free power' if it does work. Guess we'll see with the laptimes.

Love to see the tenni mate if you are close ever.... drop in for a cuppa.

A mate saw you the other day - blatted past him on the Daytona and he bumped into you at a petrol station outside Glasgee. He'd borrowed my van to take his duke (yeeuch) for a service.

What boots you put on the tenni?

G

Was that your van! It's a tiny world. Your mate said he had a Duke in the back but I did notice the Guzzi sticker on the front.

Put on Roadtec Z6's - good enough for my needs and they last. There's so much bloody choice I stick with what I know are ok. They seem like a good balance between grip and longevity plus I'm taking my girl on hols so don't intend doing much scratching.

Nice one, see you soon.

see you have some supercorsa pros paul...? very good tyres don't you think? is that a 180 on yours?

G

Yes it's supercorsa 180, I like them very much, not that I'm that fast but they give a lot of confidence (that I need). I know they glue to the road like hell. I never have had them doing strange things, allways under control. The front is nice pointy, steers quick. Only downside is taht the profile on the sides isn't there so you have no good wearing indicator. They should have made the small holes that slicks have. I heard the diablo supercorsa should even be better.

Guy !!

Hello mate. I followed the link you'd put in the guzziclubgb forum and was very impressed with the v11 forum so thought i'd join...

ooooo... going down the v4 route eh? that would be one very special v11...

cummon guy - if anyone can do it - you can.

cheers mate,

Gyles

Hi Tom,

here are a few pics mate.

G

oooo think i'm making a pigs ear of this... here 'should be some more pics'.

Cheers mate and welcome. Looking cool on the track. :thumbsup:

Take care , hope that fall didn't hurt ,