Who is going to win the Rugby World cup?

The Rugby Union World Cup kicks off in France on Friday- who do you think is going to win?

I'd obviously love England to retain the trophy which they won in 2003, but our form has been appalling and we are only ranked number 7 in the world, and our start player Johnny Wilkinson is injured yet again.

Will all our American forum members be glued to the TV on Saturday for the first game against England?

Loads of info on Rugby World Cup

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Rugby Union World Cup kicks off in France on Friday- who do you think is going to win?

I'd obviously love England to retain the trophy which they won in 2003, but our form has been appalling and we are only ranked number 7 in the world, and our start player Johnny Wilkinson is injured yet again.

Will all our American forum members be glued to the TV on Saturday for the first game against England?

Loads of info on Rugby World Cup

Saw the England - France match(es) a couple of weeks ago when I was on holiday in Spain, and I must say that France looks like a very strong site to me, so there goes my money.

Sorry Guy, but England didn't stand a chance against Les Bleus.

Best of luck though.

Cheers

Sørn

Saw the England - France match(es) a couple of weeks ago when I was on holiday in Spain, and I must say that France looks like a very strong site to me, so there goes my money.

Sorry Guy, but England didn't stand a chance againt Les Bleus.

Best of luck though.

Cheers

Sørn

Rugby.....what's that? I prefer wood flooring.

:P

I wish I could say Ireland will win it but on recent form we will be lucky to get out of the group of death (France and Argentina).

My money is on New Zeland even though France are looking great and at home (worth 7 points a game)

NZ are awesome. Our only hope is that they all get seduced by some local girls and decide to go surfing to Biarritz for the month. :rasta:

By the way if anyone has a spare ticket or two for either Ireland Vs France or Ireland Vs Argentina I will gladly find a good home for them! :)

:2c:

The "Boks"

the Springboks

South Africa

the chaps from the former colony of South Africa

the "other, down unders"

the team from the "Rainbow Country" as Nelson would put it

those "bloody Dutchmen" as Africaans speaking South Africans are sometimes called

truth is that l don't even know if they qualified, but thats who l'd love to see win....

:D:D especially if they clober the Lions, the Kiwi's, the Ausie's, and especially the French !! :D:D

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I wouldn't judge any team by recent performance. all they're doing is trying out different formations and minor player positions. The best three teams on their day are

New zealand

France

Ireland.

Who knows, the paddies might be lucky and make the final. But the fact remains, the best 2 teams in the world, by a long ways, are :

The all black A team, and

The all black B team!

Bring it on, it should be fun..... :food:

:2c:

The "Boks"

the Springboks

South Africa

the chaps from the former colony of South Africa

the "other, down unders"

the team from the "Rainbow Country" as Nelson would put it

those "bloody Dutchmen" as Africaans speaking South Africans are sometimes called

truth is that l don't even know if they qualified, but thats who l'd love to see win....

:D:D especially if they clober the Lions, the Kiwi's, the Ausie's, and especially the French !! :D:D

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Hi Van

Canada are playing too if you wish to back your home team!

There wont be any Lions there as such- the Lions are a combination of the best players from Britain & Ireland and only play on special tours every few years.

Regards

But the fact remains, the best 2 teams in the world, by a long ways, are :

The all black A team, and

The all black B team!

Bring it on, it should be fun..... :food:

I have to agree but you take any one of the following out of the Irish team and we slip from a debatable third to 6th at least

Hays, Stringer, O Gara, Leamy, O Driscoll.