Sidestand after Roper plate

emason

Oh god. Do I need to upgrade? Will this never end?!!! :(

:grin: Nah, the only reason I went from 2mm to 1.6mm plate is because the plate had almost doubled in cost over a period of a couple of months! The place I have make them had some 1.6mm plate lying about so I snapped it up 'cos it was a lot cheaper!

Pete

Guest ratchethack

:grin: Nah, the only reason I went from 2mm to 1.6mm plate is because the plate had almost doubled in cost over a period of a couple of months! The place I have make them had some 1.6mm plate lying about so I snapped it up 'cos it was a lot cheaper!

Pete

OMG, NO, Pete! A .4mm ENGINEERING CHANGE! :o

D'you realize this'll launch a whole new round o' International conniption fits over new max and min marks on the dipstick, not to mention OIL VOLUME re-calculations with micro-pipettes, and a new monsoon blast o' windage over windage!!?? :homer:

:lol:

OMG, NO, Pete! A .4mm ENGINEERING CHANGE! :o

D'you realize this'll launch a whole new round o' International conniption fits over new max and min marks on the dipstick, not to mention OIL VOLUME re-calculations with micro-pipettes, and a new monsoon blast o' windage over windage!!?? :homer:

:lol:

Oh lordy! I hadn't considered that! Hang on....... Interior of case measures about 200 by 180mm so a reduction in height will reduce the crankcase volume by about 14.4cc's Now allowing 1/3rd of that for gas volume that means that the amount of oil added should be reduced by 9.6cc's. I can't tell you how grateful I am for you pointing this out to me. Who knows what horrors would of befallen people otherwise :bbblll::grin::grin::grin:

Pete

Oh lordy! I hadn't considered that! Hang on....... Interior of case measures about 200 by 180mm so a reduction in height will reduce the crankcase volume by about 14.4cc's Now allowing 1/3rd of that for gas volume that means that the amount of oil added should be reduced by 9.6cc's. I can't tell you how grateful I am for you pointing this out to me. Who knows what horrors would of befallen people otherwise :bbblll::grin::grin::grin:

Pete

:2c: And how about doubling up on gaskets to make up the difference? :grin: