Breva 1100 loses

Tom M

Maybe the new 1200 Sport would have done better as well.

It's seems like a pretty typical Guzzi review..."not enough horsepower, not fast enough, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Frankly, I'd take the slower Guzzi to the horrifically ugly Multistruedel or Uly, or the utilitarian German tank looking BMW any day.

Maybe the new 1200 Sport would have done better as well.

It's seems like a pretty typical Guzzi review..."not enough horsepower, not fast enough, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Frankly, I'd take the slower Guzzi to the horrifically ugly Multistruedel or Uly, or the utilitarian German tank looking BMW any day.

:stupid::stupid:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

It looks like they really enjoyed putting the Guzzi down in this review...

Like the Buell, the Multistrada has fully adjustable suspenders. An inverted 43mm Marzocchi handles business up front while a Sachs shock attaches to the Duc's single-sided swingarm via progressive linkage at the rear.

Wow! Inverted 43mm Marzocchi forks, and a Sachs rear shock??!!! That Duc has everything...

Wait a minute.....

Isn't that what my "nervous handling" Ballabio has??? They must be vastly superior pieces on the Ducati than were supplied to the Guzzi factory

:lol:

I don't see whats so bad about the review. They conclude its'not a sporty bike, but:

But if you simply dial down the pace a bit and place your favorite beau on back, the Guzzi becomes a front-runner, possessing a high level of cool along with class-leading comfort for two. Prefer to drone the freeways with the occasional sweeping country road to connect you to your next destination? Then the comfortable and unusual Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 might be everything you want, even if everybody else doesn't get it.

So, they said it's too softly sprung, which anyone who's read any of the suspension threads here at v11LM knows is standard Guzzi procedure and therefore if you expect to ride 2-up or weigh more than 75kg/150# yourself, then you'd better be planning on spending a few dollars for the correct springs to set-up your boingy bits.

All the handling quirks that caused the Breva to compare so unfavorably to the other bikes are directly attributable to their inability to adjust the suspension, starting from insufficient springing.

Yes, the engine doesn't compare to the other bikes in terms of absolute power. Sounds like they got a particularly bad test mule, too: makes me wonder how many other moto journos had flogged the teats off it before the MC.commies got a chance to ride it? No telling, but if they got a tired bike to compare against a few fresh ones, of course the Breva is going to compare particularly unfavorably.

Too bad they don't include a "cost of ownership" table, which is where the real price will tell: down the road, when BMW's "service free" rear-drive unit blows, and when the Ducati owner gets tired of paying for the ex$pen$ive desmo adjustments ["Just be glad it's not a 4v!"], and the Breva owner just does a quick tappet adjustment [too bad Guzzi couldn't get the hydraulic lifters sorted; that would *really* ice the low-maintenance cake!] & goes for a ride...

At least they didn't just shoot it down out of hand.

:bike: