again: heavier bar ends

huub

It looks to me like they inserted a spacer for the mirror, between the handle bar and the bar-end piece. I lathed a band in mine for the mirror clamp.

For what it's worth, I found that mirror insufficient for traffic and returned to the stockers.

Greg,

Is that an oil pressure guage? Where did you get it and how tough was it to install?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered the pair of heavier bar ends at Moto International (where our forum member Greg works) and I got them today.

And they sure are heavy! My neighbour collected the package for me, because I wasn't home when the postman came by. And he was very curious: which part of your motorcycle is so small and also that heavy?

I installed them immediately and went for a testride. And they work fine! Much less vibrations! I'm a happy man :grin: , thx Greg!

Huub

I ordered the pair of heavier bar ends at Moto International (where our forum member Greg works) and I got them today.

And they sure are heavy! My neighbour collected the package for me, because I wasn't home when the postman came by. And he was very curious: which part of your motorcycle is so small and also that heavy?

I installed them immediately and went for a testride. And they work fine! Much less vibrations! I'm a happy man :grin: , thx Greg!

Huub

I'm still waiting for my set (ordered because of inspiration from this thread). I hope they will have the same effect on my bike.

Steffen, Denmark

Steffen,

I certainly think they will help. You will now feel vibrations on other places of your bike: your footsteps! :unsure: Of course these vibrations were always there, but you didn't mention until your bar ends are installed...

But I think that's not a problem at all, becauase you have to feel that you're riding a Guzzi :thumbsup:

Huub

Steffen,

I certainly think they will help. You will now feel vibrations on other places of your bike: your footsteps! :unsure: Of course these vibrations were always there, but you didn't mention until your bar ends are installed...

But I think that's not a problem at all, becauase you have to feel that you're riding a Guzzi :thumbsup:

Huub

I have vibrations in the pegs?? :grin:

I also like to feel I'm riding a guzzi, and I didn't consider the vibration in the handlebars to be that much of a problem. But my friends all mentioned it as the first thing, when they tried my v11. And when I read about the heavier bar ends at a reasonable price, I thought I'd give it a try.

Don't think I'll miss the vibrations, if the bar ends help...

Steffen

• 2 weeks later...

My new and very heavy handlebars came today. Thanks, Greg.

Now comes the tricky part: How to install (I'm a hamfisted fool with absolutely no mechanical ability).

Do I simply unscrew the old ones, put the new bar ends where the handlebar ends and tighten up untill I believe it wont fall off?

Please help.

/Steffen

Remove the center screw on your stock weights and pull off the weights. Then, remove the big he-headed plug. From there it's easy.

Thanks Greg.

Now I know there are no hidden traps.

I'll give it a try.

Steffen

Greg,

Is that an oil pressure guage? Where did you get it and how tough was it to install?

Thanks

Sorry; I missed seeing this earlier. Yes, an oil-pressure gauge. I got it, the sender (with contact for the oil light), and gauge housing from egauges.com. Very easy to install and works great.

Greg,

Thanks

I made a kit for my '04 Cafe Sport and it works great. Instead of tapping off at the OE pressure switch, it leaves that intact, and taps off at the banjo fitting supplying the heads. Very easy to install, and no need to remove the tank.

If you have a similar instrument panel, it is a bolt-on, and includes everything and the gauge mounting manifold. If your instrument panel is different, I could also supply just the fittings, hose, and adapter to replace the banjo bolt, with the gauge and housing supplied by egauges or other source, or I can supply that also. I recommend a glycerin filled gauge designed for high vibrations, rated at 100 psi, and with a 270 dial for easy reading. The hose I supply is specifically rated for high temperature and pressure.

You can see pictures of it in the thread "Pressure Gauge Adapted" of August 29, 2007. Strangely enough, it is found by searching "Gauge adapted".