does your Guzzi remind you of a plane?

on my way to work today l was thinking that my Guzzi was the bike version of one of my favorite WW11 planes a F4U Corsair ......big, heavy, powerful air cooled motor, fast and surprisingly nimble, :race:

l've always thought of my bikes like that.

My old R100S Beemer was like a Forke Woolfe, again a radial air cooled motor, and at a steady cruise it had a droning throb very much like a DC4...yep, l'm that old, flew in that across to Canada when l was a kid

My son's Katana 750 like a sabre jet with that Yoshie pipe the way it screemed

750 Honda, like a Mustang P51

350 Yamaha, like a Kamakazi Zero, (the thing kept on trying to kill me)

250 Suzuki Hustler, like a WW1 SPAD, loud, rorty

AS50 Suzuki, like a little Pitts Special, wind it till it can't give any more and let fly..... :grin:

(ok, so maybe it's just me and l was having one of "those" daze..... :rasta: )

:bier:

Cheers

Van

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the P51 comparison. Beautiful aircraft.

I've only flown commercial, except for a couple of times in a friends home-built.

Used to have a Triumph TR6. I know it's a Brit car but the LeMans reminds me so much of that thing.

Not the fastest, best handling, most comfortable car I've ever had ( a few Mustangs, an Accura Integra, Toyota Supra Turbo,..) but the most fun by far. I lived with the quirks for a few years, enjoying it while I had it, learning a lot maintaing it, even made a few dollars when I sold it.

Oh yeah, l forgot to add my brothers bike, he's got an MV 910 Brutale,

........Luke Skywalkers X-Wing fighter............

That thing is totally Starwars

but l still like my :mg: tenni best, l can relate to it l guess.

Cheers

Van

Does Guzzi have a connection to the aircraft industry...... :huh2:

WWI baby! Guzzi, Parodi & Ravelli were all in the same wing; Guzzi being the mechanic for the two flyers, who respected his abilities to keep them airborne. They were friends & determined to go into business together after the war. Ravelli died in a plane crash just before they were all to be returned to civilian life. Parodi was good to his word, took an example of Guzzi's engine to his dad? uncle? [sorry, CRS] and pitched the idea of a motorcycle company. The family bit, named the company after Guzzi, and never looked back. 1st production bike was only a 2v single, whereas the prototype 4v wouldn't be replicated for something like 8 yrs. after the company was founded, when they got serious about racing. :nerd:

:mg:

WWI baby! Guzzi, Parodi & Ravelli were all in the same wing; Guzzi being the mechanic for the two flyers, who respected his abilities to keep them airborne. They were friends & determined to go into business together after the war. Ravelli died in a plane crash just before they were all to be returned to civilian life. Parodi was good to his word, took an example of Guzzi's engine to his dad? uncle? [sorry, CRS] and pitched the idea of a motorcycle company. The family bit, named the company after Guzzi, and never looked back. 1st production bike was only a 2v single, whereas the prototype 4v wouldn't be replicated for something like 8 yrs. after the company was founded, when they got serious about racing. :nerd:

:mg:

:thumbsup: Thanks !!

Cheers

Van

All bikes remind me of airplanes.

When I raced I thought it was the closest I'd ever get to dog fighting.

Gotta shoot down (pass) the guy in front of me.

Goldwings, Sts, HDs etc. = Bombers

Singles = WW1 planes

Inline 4s = jets

Guzzi = Corsair

Duc = Mustang

Trials bikes = Fwd. Observers / bird dogs

MXs = All the above

I just love airplanes. Always have.

Goldwings, Sts, HDs etc. = Bombers

Singles = WW1 planes

Inline 4s = jets

Guzzi = Corsair

Duc = Mustang

Trials bikes = Fwd. Observers / bird dogs

MXs = All the above

I just love airplanes. Always have.

My Goose, sounds and feels like flying on a plane,when riding in 3000-3500 after a while.

Perhaps you were a pilot in previous life.