does your Guzzi remind you of a plane?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flying aeroplanes, down hill skiing, and riding motorcycles have allways been the greatest buzz i've found!

and free falling. :D not from a bike though!

When I was skydiving, some jumpers would see my various bikes at the dropzone and tell me,

"YOU must be crazy! Motorcycles, especially choppers, are dangerous!" or words to that effect :huh::P

I feel the linear nature of both the bike and plane's path of travel, and the rider/pilot position right on top of it is why they vary so much from a wider ride. Think "sleeping in a hammock" for your car, and "sleeping on the top fence rail" Bike/plane.

Life IS short, Live it! MAKE yourself a great day, S.H.

"I want to go left!"

"No way! We're going to the right!"

:D

Never seen that. A real prototype or photoshopped?

Real. XF-54? XF-57? Can't recall details. I think the idea behind it was to be a deep penetration photo-recon plane: photog could sit in left nacelle & pilot in the right, each attending to his particular concerns. By the time it was built & flyable, the jet age had superseded it.

Mind you, they're the most masculine looking bikes I know of.

Not mine: it's been through Quat D surgery.

Mind you, that does make it sound much more like an aeroplane, for sure.

only if you double the displacement and add a supercharger. I mean, really, an F2G is almost scary to even think about.

DK: If you ride up to Seattle, I'll take you to the Boeing museum. They have an F2G, but even better, they have a cutaway R-4360 corncob radial that's hooked up to an electric motor that spins all the works. I could watch that for hours . . . The camshafts are on the flywheels, of all places. My house is a mile from the museum, an you (and anyone else) have (has) a standing invite to stay here.

DK: If you ride up to Seattle, I'll take you to the Boeing museum. They have an F2G, but even better, they have a cutaway R-4360 corncob radial that's hooked up to an electric motor that spins all the works. I could watch that for hours . . . The camshafts are on the flywheels, of all places. My house is a mile from the museum, an you (and anyone else) have (has) a standing invite to stay here.

There have been a few F2Gs at the Reno air races over the years. An Amazing sound.

I used to have several 4360 valves around, but have given away all but this one. It's an amazing engine. Even this valve is amazing.

4360valve.jpg

There have been a few F2Gs at the Reno air races over the years. An Amazing sound.

I used to have several 4360 valves around, but have given away all but this one. It's an amazing engine. Even this valve is amazing.

4360valve.jpg

Not just at Reno; Cleveland, for the Thompson Trophy. I trust you know who Cook Cleland is, yes? He told me a great story of how he got his planes. This is one of them . . .