Mr. H-H-HAPPEE

Baldini

Dear all,

How long ago now, seem those days of broken selector spring, knackered wheel bearings, inadequate spring rates & soiled underwear...

Stiffer springs, now Pirelli Diablos have come my way. Wwwaahhheeeeyy-aaahhh! This is more like it. For the first time the tyres work - BT020's never felt secure - these just grip. Now ...ground clearance...it's gone...

170/60 rear - proper tyre shape - handling is much better balanced.Thank you Prof Wacko.

Fitted right size rear wheel bearing spacer. Adjusted rear brake rod to min & put elastic as pedal return = no brake drag.

It's getting there...

KB, Wales :sun:

Great that its all coming together - they are fantastic bikes when good.

One query - what pressures are you running?

The reason for asking is that I have been told to run 36 & 42 psi, which is higher than MG recommendation but feels good.

Gavin,

They're 36/42 - Pirelli specs. Tyre depot said could maybe run slightly less rear but they feel fine as is & I haven't experimented. Guzzi handbook pressures seem a little low - similar to pressures on old Tonti skinny tyres. Modern tyres seem to run higher pressures. I've often wondered about the discrepency between Guzzi & tyre makers specs - Anyone explain?

Cheers, KB :sun:

Yeah...& my how they chortle down in Mandello as we struggle with all the deliberate mistakes & red herrings... :wacko::D:lol::):whistle:^_^:D

Did someone mention turning the silencers to get more ground clearance - did you make up new brackets?

Guest Brian Robson

I also thought that the Guzzi pressures were on the low side as opposed to the recommendations for the Speed Triple, but I have just about worn out the 020 on the rear at 20,000 km and the profile is still round; at least rounder than the same tyre at 42 psi.

One other thing though; the front tyre is more worn than the rear, but with no cupping, which may mean that the front suspension is working ok, and of course there is less tread to start with I guess.