Greetings from Cologne

guzzibiene

Hi everybody,

my name is Freya and have been registered in the german guzzi forum "World-of-Guzzi" since March 2006.

In June this year I met Jaap first time at a guzzi meeting in the Eifel (a lovely countryside in the middle-west of Germany).

He asked me if I would like to come to the 5th-Anniversary Rally of this forum.

Well, I liked and now I'm here.

At the age of 14 I had my first contact with Moto Guzzi.

There was an elder man (maybe 28?) with a motorbike in the street, tall, blond, blue-eyed, attractive as Robert Redford and my heart melted like snow in the sun :wub:

But then he started his engine.......wow, what a wobbling and shaking and what an incredible noise!!!

From that moment the blond guy was forgotten ^_^

My decision was clear: I will own such a wonderful and self-willed monster one day.

In the following years I had different fights with my parents concerning the driving licence.

They would pay for the licence but only for cars, not for motorbikes :not:

So I found a student job in an american fast food restaurant and on February, 11th 1982 I passed the examination.

Two days later I proudly presented my first motorbike - Moto Guzzi V 50 III.

As it was to be expected my parents were enthusiastic about it and since that day espacially my mother has haven a sigh now and then like "Good grief, what did I do wrong?" :wacko:

In 1997 I found my dream at my local dealer. A used Le Mans 850 III.

Unfortunatly I sold my V 50, after having fantastic 80.000 km in more than 16 years with her.

In September 1999 we planned a trip through the Alps in 2000 and I was looking for a bike which would be lighter and more handy in the mountains than my 246-kg-Le Mans with stubs.

I thought of an Aprilia 650 Pegaso but I'm quite small and couldn't reach the ground with my legs.

I had several trial runs on Ducati Monster, ST 2, Cagiva etc. but they all didn't fit :angry:

One day my dealer called me and said with convinction: "I have your bike".

"Okay, what is it?" I asked.

"I won't tell you" he said, "come here and have a look".

I replied "no, tell me immediately what you are thinking about".

So he said "It's the new 1100 of Moto Guzzi".

"No way!" I answered, "are you completely crazy? My 850 is too heavy and you offer me a V11???" and I hanged up.

The next days I couldn't sleep anymore.

I decided to have a look and then reject with resolution <_>

:lol:

Actually, on 13th of November 1999 the first Cologne V11 was registered and in may 2000 we had our trip through the Alps.

The guys had a lot of fun watching me handling the heavily loaded monster without getting my feet on the ground.

But they all were gentlemen and helped me in every critical moment.

My Le Mans has over 108.000 km (58.000 on my own) and my V11 34.000 :bike:

Now trend is going to a third-bike.

This will be a french one - Voxan Black Magic. Light, easy to handle and marvellous.

And I will never ever sell one of my beautiful italian ladies :mg:

So I'm looking forward for having lots of fun with nice people in this forum and, by the way, improving my English :bier:

Just to enlight me, do you mentally insult that elder man (maybe 28?) with a motorbike in the street, tall, blond, blue-eyed, attractive as Robert Redford and your heart melted like snow in the sun everytime the Guzz misses a beat ? ;)

Welcome Freya !

Hi everybody,

my name is Freya and have been registered in the german guzzi forum "World-of-Guzzi" since March 2006.

So I'm looking forward for having lots of fun with nice people in this forum and, by the way, improving my English :bier:

Hallo Freya , welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy all time being here.

But I have to worn you... beware of the long posts and oil threads !!! they never end..... :grin:

Well, some people drink and write too (actually not that dangerous than drink and ride)...but is is fun anyway

And of course that global warming thread, what a relief that it is lost now.....ahh God madness all together.

:bier:

Wir sprechen auch Deutsch .....prost :bier:

Great introduction, Freya!

Fabulous storytelling, and of course, wonderful taste in motorcycles, too!

V11LM is lucky to have you join its ranks! :thumbsup:

:mg:

Hello lads,

thank you so much for the nice greeting :)

I'm sure I will have a great time with you.

@ jihem

I'm just thankful that I've learned from this "elder man" that there a things in life which are much bigger than a tall, blond, blue-eyed man attractive as Robert Redford :D

@ pille

no, the problem didn't come up since the Rally so I even can't say if Pauls efforts have been successful :huh2:

@ Alex-Corsa

Well, some people drink and write too (actually not that dangerous than drink and ride)...but is is fun anyway

Please don't frighten the life out of me :o - I'm very shy and NEVER drink alcohol...

Jaapilein :cheese: Du hältst Dich bitte raus :drink:

@ Alex-Corsa

Please don't frighten the life out of me :o - I'm very shy and NEVER drink alcohol...

Jaapilein :cheese: Du hältst Dich bitte raus :drink:

Heh , :) well NO for God's shake , you never have to drink (even to write here.)

I hope though that video on my sig don't frighten you at all, das war so viel spass im leehren strassen....

ich solte auch mein AFR testen. :food: