List of common Le Mans problems

Guest IanJ

I decided to start recording what problems people were having, and also how to fix them. I have a list made up which is, I'm sure, only partially complete. It's available here:

http://www.obairlann.net/~reaper/bmw-bike/...i/to-check.html

Please let me know if you see something that's wrong, something that needs to be added or deleted, etc. I'm trying to make a resource that will be useful to everyone, but particularly to new Le Mans owners (and who isn't a new Le Mans owner, given how recently they came out?).

Also, as soon as it's ready, I'll be posting information (including many pictures) on the barbacks and peg lowering I'm having done to my Le Mans.

Hello Ian

I'd be happy to co-host your list. That way even more people can read the common problems of the bike. I also think that we should provide solutions. But I think it's a good idea to also make a list of things that we like about it so that possible MG-newbie's don't get scared away... Keep things in perspective, that's what I always trie to do.

If I had known of this forum and read it from time to time I would never have bought my V11LM. And now I'm very satisfied and having a great time with it.

:sun:

I'm going for a spin now! Have to grab every possible moment. Next week 3 week holiday, with my car... :( Oh yeah and my girlfriend which makes up for the car. :wub:

Jaap, that'd be cool if we could keep the list here. I'm sure you'll get more traffic in general than I will. I am keeping track of solutions to problems along with the problems themselves. The intention of the list, really, is that someone would be able to print it out and go check over all the stuff on their bike to make sure it's not a problem. It'd be nice to have a list of good stuff too, but I think it should be separate from the list I'm making.