Looking for a tank bag

tmcafe

Hi all,

The almost new Guzzi tank bag I was thinking (not fast enough) to purchase was sold. Now what? The OEM probably looks good, but in a previous post the owner was complaining that the map window had cracked. The option from another owner was a Roadgear tank bag, which was good quality but had a slight fitting problem. Then I saw this (I'll let you comment about the price, and all that Euro vs. Dollar shite :angry: ):

http://www.helmetheadcyclegear.com/cgi-bin...ex.cgi?pid=4122

What are other options?

Thanks. Ciao,

tmcafè

I took a factory tank bag off my bike. Its in good shape but probably needs to have the dust vacuumed off. Are you interested? I replaced it with one from SW-Motech.

Dave

PM'd you. Thanks.

Hey there,

I bought a Breva 750 bag which fits pretty darn good on my 04 Ballabio.

John

Thanks John. Was the tank marked as "for Breva", or is it just only one Guzzi OEM tank bag that would fit all models, at least the newer ones? I don't remember seeing different ones listed. Also I was hoping to get a second hand one in "like new" shape. Otherwise if I have to buy new, I've been looking at other brands too, and the one from Bags-Connection (yeah, german bag on an italian hottie :D ) seems one very practical.

Guest drknow
Thanks John. Was the tank marked as "for Breva", or is it just only one Guzzi OEM tank bag that would fit all models, at least the newer ones? I don't remember seeing different ones listed. Also I was hoping to get a second hand one in "like new" shape. Otherwise if I have to buy new, I've been looking at other brands too, and the one from Bags-Connection (yeah, german bag on an italian hottie :D ) seems one very practical.

Has anyone figured out how to get the Corona mount Marsee bags to work with Guzzi tanks? I LOVE that mounting system, and want to figure out how to use it.

Or, has anyone figured out where to buy the topring so you can use the SW-Motech quicklock system to retrofit any cool tankbag...

dk

Has anyone figured out how to get the Corona mount Marsee bags to work with Guzzi tanks? I LOVE that mounting system, and want to figure out how to use it.

Or, has anyone figured out where to buy the topring so you can use the SW-Motech quicklock system to retrofit any cool tankbag...

dk

Yes, twistedthrottle is the place for SW Motech things, Bags-connection, etc.

I actually looked more at Famsa bags (sold by bikerworldusa.com) and in the long run at least they have the advantage that you can buy a tank bag (which is actually two tank bags) and be able to use it on other bikes if you get a base that is either dedicated for that bike or universal and it fits. I may actually consider Famsa, even though they're pricey.

PS Hey drknow, can we meet those two riders on your avatar? :thumbsup: (and you keep using words with "mount" in your post) :D

Yes, twistedthrottle is the place for SW Motech things, Bags-connection, etc.

I actually looked more at Famsa bags (sold by bikerworldusa.com) and in the long run at least they have the advantage that you can buy a tank bag (which is actually two tank bags) and be able to use it on other bikes if you get a base that is either dedicated for that bike or universal and it fits. I may actually consider Famsa, even though they're pricey.

PS Hey drknow, can we meet those two riders on your avatar? :thumbsup: (and you keep using words with "mount" in your post) :D

I'd say yes, but I have no idea who they are, guessing french chicks circa '67; they're prolly grandmas by now.

I looked on the twistedthrottle website, didn't see the topring for sale by itself. I think they want to force you to buy a bag. You can buy the retrofit 12V kit, but that makes it more expensive, but it looks like you'd get all you need. Put that together with a good Cortech tankbag, and you'd still be cheaper than and Marsee.

dk

I took a factory tank bag off my bike. Its in good shape but probably needs to have the dust vacuumed off. Are you interested? I replaced it with one from SW-Motech.

Dave

Thanks for the info! I understand that the straps mounting system are not ideal, as opposed to a "base", magnetic or "strapped". In any case, tank bags will always mark the surface on which they sit, unless it's protected. Still thinking of the Famsa bag, unless expanded it's too big. If the universal base fits my Dakar, I could get the big one, with the choice of two parts, total 38 liters, and switch it between bikes (it has a dedicated base for the V11 and perhaps the universal base would fit the Dakar faux tank. I always hate when I have to transfer my stuff from a bag into another. That would take care of it.