2000 V11 Recall

ponti_33609

Hi - I searched on the site but could not find......

I have a 2000 V11 that has a serial number in the recall list. I was told that the work had been completed. If I contac MGNA will they be able to tell me if the work was performed? Any other good way to confirm or suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

One requirement of importing a motor vehicle from the USA into Canada is that recall issues have all been cleared. An official letter referencing the VIN is required for all vehicles being imported. In order to comply with this requirement I called MG USA (just after the Aprilia aquisition) and had them send the "compliance letter" for my 2000 V-11 Sport.

The upshot of this diatribe is that "yes" the national distributor will have record of recall compliance (date and facility name) if it is done (and registered) by an approved service facility.

One requirement of importing a motor vehicle from the USA into Canada is that recall issues have all been cleared. An official letter referencing the VIN is required for all vehicles being imported. In order to comply with this requirement I called MG USA (just after the Aprilia aquisition) and had them send the "compliance letter" for my 2000 V-11 Sport.

The upshot of this diatribe is that "yes" the national distributor will have record of recall compliance (date and facility name) if it is done (and registered) by an approved service facility.

Brian and Doc...thx so much for the info. I will be calling both this afternoon and see who can assist me the quickest. I was told it was done but I need to confirm!

Bob

Same here. I had to call a couple of times, but they came through.

Ken

If that doesn't work, email me at parts (at) motointernational.com with the VIN number. We can run it for you.

Sweet! Can you provide a "compliance letter" for RIV? Someone needs another Guzzi!