My15M

Richard

The only thing you could do is to detune around the dip so that its not noticable. I don't think anyone would want to do that.

That may be true if used on an otherwise unaltered bike. Possibly not even then. If used together with stuff like an aftermarket crossover, many people seems to manage to make it better (as opposed to hiding it). This is regardless of what ECU replacement (or add-on) you use, as long as you can tune the map.

I'd say My15M is as good as any, and better than some. I do not know of any product that has any feature that My15M lack. Apart from the "well known by tuning center" issue, if that is a feature. MyECU users tend to not feel the need for tuning centers anyway.

That may be true if used on an otherwise unaltered bike. Possibly not even then. If used together with stuff like an aftermarket crossover, many people seems to manage to make it better (as opposed to hiding it). This is regardless of what ECU replacement (or add-on) you use, as long as you can tune the map.

I'd say My15M is as good as any, and better than some. I do not know of any product that has any feature that My15M lack. Apart from the "well known by tuning center" issue, if that is a feature. MyECU users tend to not feel the need for tuning centers anyway.

Raz,

I can say from personal experience that with a My16M, Phil's map and a slight modification to the standard airbox - which has already been mentioned here in a previous thread - that the dip in power, (stumble, hesitation, call it what you will), has been eliminated completely from the V10 - and this is with the standard expansion box crossover. Torque which is nearly 20% up on standard at 2,800rpm, (92% of the total at that point) and 92% again at 8,200rpm, (I've seen the dyno figures), and a useful 7hp increase to boot! So the torque 'curve' is essentially FLAT!!!! See the thread at airbox mod over on COG if you don't want to search for it here.

If you are trying to contact Phil then again go via the COG Forum where you can see a sticky relating to maps giving Phil's details - don't expect an immediate reply though as he is flat out with tuning at the moment.

I don't want to start a flame war here but the other thing that seems to excite people who have invested in a PCIII is the 'neccessity' of having the thing mapped on a dedicated Dynojet instrument. I'd say that to a large extent the My16M doesn't need it - even running open loop, maps are already available for the unit and it doesn't seem to be as sensitive to configuration changes - I've run it before making modifications and they just add 'the cream on the cake'. With Cliff's MyECU units you can also rig up a lambda sensor and run them closed loop so that the unit can tune itself if you want to go down that route.

I can already hear PCIII users shouting that individual bikes need individual mapping - but think about this; do Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki make fuel maps to suit each and every single bike they sell? Not in a million years. My take on the PCIII and tuning is that you may need individual mapping, (even then it may not be close to optimum), because it is essentially an add-on to the bikes O/E ECU and if that is suspect from the word go, (and we all know that is the case with the WM16M), then you are only trying to 'improve' on problems and not dealing with them head on. BTW isn't there also a financial interest for Dynojet in having each PCIII they or their dealers sell 'individually' mapped - maybe several times over?

I have a PCIII fitted to my Cali EV with the P8 ECU and find that it doesn't significantly give any advantage over and above those that I can achieve by playing around with the TPS and idle mixture anyway.

GJ

My take on the PC III is that it gives you the much the same tunability as an 'MY' unit. There are plenty of maps that people have produced for all sorts of bike/exhaust/intake combinations, so you are just as likely to get a close map as you are with an 'MY' in open loop. It could be argued that ANY injection bike will benefit from optimisation, and it is here that the PC scores high, as there are plenty of dyno tuners out there with the 'Tuning Link' software and hardware to help optimise the injection to suit your bike, be it Suzuki, Honda or Guzzi. There are not so many who will do the same thing with an 'MY' so it falls to the customer to optimise, often by seat of the pants tuning.

A certain well known after market chip producer, a Mr W Creedon, has actually suggested to me that the way to get the best from my Sporti is to run one of his WPC12 chips PLUS a Power Commander to fine tune. So far, this combo is working VERY well, although I realise that this isn't possible with V11 bikes with the later ECU's.

PC111 or MY15M,

I still haven`t found if the MY15M is just plug and play for a V11.

Do know that for a PC111 tuning at a tuning centre is neccesary.

Probably the MY 15M will do good fuel economy but can any v11 user state their fuel economy? Or a before and after dynochart.

Every piece of information about the use or builiding or anything else: I`m interested.

Hope to read about is soon.

PC111 or MY15M,

I still haven`t found if the MY15M is just plug and play for a V11.

Do know that for a PC111 tuning at a tuning centre is neccesary.

Probably the MY 15M will do good fuel economy but can any v11 user state their fuel economy? Or a before and after dynochart.

Every piece of information about the use or builiding or anything else: I`m interested.

Tuning a PC at a centre is a 'nice to do', not a 'need to do'. There are lots of maps out there that will offer a good setup for your combination of parts. Tuning at a 'Tuning Link' centre will optimise your set up.

Guest ratchethack
Tuning a PC at a centre is a 'nice to do', not a 'need to do'. There are lots of maps out there that will offer a good setup for your combination of parts.

Hear, hear! :thumbsup:

-- despite arguments to the contrary from those who haven't as much as tried one "library map", let alone more than one! :lol:;)

Velf,

buy one if you are interested. There are enough people around here and elsewhere to help you, just in case, you know ;)

The My15M is an absolutely elegant and most skillfull solution for those who want their EFI system transparent and open.

The fuel economy is satisfying (around 5.3 l/100km). All is as it should be, I'd say. As if the bike had carbs, maybe. Smooth cornering with revs going down to 2000, then linear accelleration 'till 8000 and above, should I feel the urgent need to act the proll.

A software update for your OEM unit, a good mechanic that is able to adjust the flaps properly and also the valves, will most likely have the same effect on the perceived overall driveability. The difference is, you will never get an insight how and why it works. This is why I am so happy with my My15M (with Optimiser and wideband O2 probe)

If you are not willing to invest into an Optimiser and a wideband probe, then the My15M won't show it's true potential, that should be mentioned I think.

Hubert

Is the wideband O2 probe plugged into the MyECU or is it plugged into the optimiser? ie, can you run closed loop without the optimiser?

If anyone does manage to get through to Phil Arnold as regards 2-valve maps, could they let us know, please?

Is the wideband O2 probe plugged into the MyECU or is it plugged into the optimiser? ie, can you run closed loop without the optimiser?

It's plugged into the ECU. Closed loop is fine without the Optimiser, but it won't make any permanent changes to the map.

If anyone does manage to get through to Phil Arnold as regards 2-valve maps, could they let us know, please?

I just bought one from him, AUD 200. Can't test it until April though :bbblll:

If you are not willing to invest into an Optimiser and a wideband probe, then the My15M won't show it's true potential, that should be mentioned I think.

IMHO if you are not willing to invest in an Optimiser, then you should consider TechnoResearch's options, or maybe TuneBoy.

TechnoResearch's Diagnostic, VDSTS, is about $200 US and the mapping software, DirectLink, is also about $200 US. (EDIT that is wrong, DirectLink is about $300 US)

Tuneboy still is not promoting their product, and as far as I know, only the map editor is ready for sale. TuneBoy's advantage over TechnoResearch is the PCIII map import tool.

MY15M's big advantage seems to be the Optimizer.

The disadvantage is the price.

PCIII's biggest handicaps are that you cannot control ignition mapping, altitude or temperature compensation, or adjust over rev protection. But most people don't care about all that and are happy with something that simply makes a good running Guzzi run better. PCIIIs have the biggest selection of maps and they don't cost $200 AUS. To get the biggest selection of PCIII maps, you will have to buy your PCIII from Guzzitech.com.

But sometimes you get what you pay for and a AUD200 map would likely have been tuned to greater detail than a simple tuning link map. Kinda like the difference between a genuine Rodan and an Andy Warhol reproduction.

This forum also has a pretty good selection of PCIII maps

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1020

MY15M's big advantage seems to be the Optimizer.

Even without buying the Optimiser, My15M will include interface and software for fully controlling it from a laptop PC. This software has everything the Optimiser has except for autotune. I will probably put the Optimizer on the shelf once I'm happy with the maps. I don't regret buying it, but I don't think its needed at all except for autotune. I usualy ride around with the baro menu active, showing oil and air temps and air pressure. Pretty darn expensive thermometer :rolleyes:

IMHO if you are not willing to invest in an Optimiser, then you should consider TechnoResearch's options, or maybe TuneBoy.

TechnoResearch's Diagnostic, VDSTS, is about $200 US and the mapping software, DirectLink, is also about $200 US.

Even if they are compatible with MyECU, (not sure they are though), there is no need for any of those additional products with any of Cliff's MyECUs - the provided EcuController software will provide realtime readouts of oil and air temp, rpm, air pressure, throttle (TPS), battery voltage and O2 sensor v (if fitted). The rev limiter is adjustable and full map editing can be carried out either via the software or with Windows Notepad.

GJ

I made an error(or the price changed on the web site for the Direct Link)

The VDSTS is $195 US but the Direct Link is $298, not about $200 as I had said.

Techno Research products work with the Stock ECU, I doubt they work with Cliff's.

I posted about them because they are an alternative to PCIII and MY15M.

Instead of paying $650 AUD for MY15M ECU plus free software, you pay only $500 US for the hardware to unlock the software and connect to the ECU that most of us already have. I'll let you do the math, as it varies every day.

The biggest advantage I know of the MY15M is the optimizer. I am sure Cliff can list some other advantages.

I just wrote a letter to Wayne at TuneBoy and got a quick reply that he is finally getting back to work on the diagnostic application. I am guessing price will be about $530 AUD.

TuneBoy will have no "optimizer", so if you get one, you might also consider a WBO2 sensor/logger, but Tuneboy should be able to interpret PCIII maps, so there are many maps available for free. Without diagnostic application, I am guessing price will be $399 AUD if it follows the pattern of the other models.

So, IMHO the TuneBoy is the best deal, if it ever becomes formally available.

But, feel free to write Wayne and ask what his price is for it now, without the diagnostic.

Of course, YMMV and it is your choice.

PCIII $339 US, street price may be better.

Great dyno interface but lacks mapping of timing and some other ECU parameters.

TECHNO RESEARCH

Direct Link $298 US, mapping software and connectivity cable

VDSTS $195 US, diagnostic software and connectivity cable

TuneBoy $529 AUD (map editor only 399, diagnostic only 359(if ever available))

Probably all the features of the combined Techno Research applications, plus PCIII map interpretation. (but in the version I have it only interprets PCIII serial maps, and the diagnostic is not ready, yet)

MY15 $650 AUD or $270 AUD in do it yourself kit

Probably all the features of the combined Techno Research applications, plus Optimizer.

Optimizer is a great innovation for road tuning!

Other advantages is that the wiring of the hardware is non-propietary and the software is free and probably open source???

Optimizer cost $270 AUD or $140 AUD in do it yourself kit.