setting tappits on 04 V11

dangerous

6 yrs ago I brought my 1100i sport, I learned how to set the tappits myself, 4yrs ago I brought a VTR1000 and never needed to set anything, 2yrs ago I went back to MG... brought the V11 nero Corsa, and for those 2yrs the shop has done my maintance.

However the warantee is now up so I might as well go back to servicing the bike myself.

Fill in the blanks please people,

whats the clearances?

which markings on the flywheel do I use for which cyl's?

rotate the crank which direction?

anything else I need to know?

cheers ya all

The owner's manual should specify some of the necessary information. -_-

Cant find the bloody thing Kev... been through all my old info and nada

Exactly the same as your Sport 11. It's the same engine :lol:

Pete

Yeah I know Pete... but ummm, the thing is that was a while ago and the memory isnt what it used to be.

I cant remember, top left is ? iti lingo L is ? and R is? and clearances... at a guess 1mm and 1.5mm?

Guest ratchethack

Yeah I know Pete... but ummm, the thing is that was a while ago and the memory isnt what it used to be.

I cant remember, top left is ? iti lingo L is ? and R is? and clearances... at a guess 1mm and 1.5mm?

D = right

S = left

.002/.004" = US Spec

.004/.006" = World Spec

.006/.008" = some (including Yours Truly) personal preference (warmish climate)

.005/.007" = others, etc. . .

Sorry, I don't use metric on valves. . . but if you go 1/1.5 mm, you're off by an order of magnitude. :o

The crank rotates counter-clockwise as observed from the rider's seat. :thumbsup:

Guest Kevin H

Gee, it's sort of dangerous not to have that. :P Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, though, I bet you can find one online somewhere.

anything else I need to know?

cheers ya all

Adjust the valves when "stone cold." :lol:

Freshen your plugs up at the same time (the motor is lots easier to turn with them out). Use copper anti-seize on everything. Consider setting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies for that complete freshly tuned effect. :luigi:

Adjust the valves when "stone cold." :lol:

Freshen your plugs up at the same time (the motor is lots easier to turn with them out). Use copper anti-seize on everything. Consider setting the TPS and balancing the throttle bodies for that complete freshly tuned effect. :luigi:

nice ta,

TPS and ballancing... Id like that but your talking to a southern sheep shagger here, if you instruct me how in the slowest and simplest way... I might understand?

Gee, it's sort of dangerous not to have that. :P Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, though, I bet you can find one online somewhere.

dont mater, just after posting thismorning I found it, oddly enugh... where I left it.

nice ta,

TPS and ballancing... Id like that but your talking to a southern sheep shagger here, if you instruct me how in the slowest and simplest way... I might understand?

dont mater, just after posting thismorning I found it, oddly enugh... where I left it.

Funny how that works. When I'm looking for something, it's always in the last place I look. :lol: