Relays

Guest Nickos

Guest Nickos

I see five relays under the seat of the Lemans, three larger and two smaller.

Do we put the same Bosch relay in place of all those five?

I assume it is the same Bosch (0 332 207 307) that I use in my Centauro already.

Thanks

Nickos

Guest Nickos

It is a 2001 model, bought it new (my cousin actually but we share bikes) and I wanted to know if the same Bosch relay could be placed in all five slots.

Many wishes

O ====== = = = = =

// > ===== ==== === = = = =

[+] < [+] ====== ==== == = = = = =

Nickos Costopoulos - Athens, Greece

1986 K100RS - 1996 Centauro V10 (Auntie and Eva)

http://flyingbrick.freeyellow.com

Short answer: yes

Not that I have had any problems

but it has been pointed out that the

original Siemens relays was a common

point of failure.

So I though "better be safe than sorry"

and replaced them all.

Yep you can use that Bosch number for all.

Long answer....

The only odd relay requirement is for the headlight relay which is designed to dim when the starter relay is activated.

But you do not have to worry because all the Bosch relays of that number will work for the headlight relay, as well as the others.

The headlight relay uses one more terminal than the other relay sockets. That terminal simply goes unused when the relay is used in the other sockets.

....my 2002 came with the "large/tall" and "small/short" Siemens relays mixed&matched from the factory as well. I was told by many that the "large/tall" units were the new and improved Siemens and that it seemed like they were reliable replacements.

I still swapped them out to the Bosch, and in regard to relays, it's been trouble-free so far. I keep the original "large/tall/new-model" relays in my tool bag for spares.

al

....my 2002 came with the "large/tall" and "small/short" Siemens relays mixed&matched from the factory as well. I was told by many that the "large/tall" units were the new and improved Siemens and that it seemed like they were reliable replacements.

I still swapped them out to the Bosch, and in regard to relays, it's been trouble-free so far. I keep the original "large/tall/new-model" relays in my tool bag for spares.

al

My relays were replaced with "The New Improved!!" Siemens relays and so far so good.