I'm an idiot.

DeBenGuzzi

This is why I love my Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's. They warm up ridiculously fast. Maybe it would have helped in this situation. Maybe it wouldn't have as the Aprilia has a ton more hp than the V11 and maybe nothing would have prevented it from spitting out.

This is why I love my Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's. They warm up ridiculously fast. Maybe it would have helped in this situation. Maybe it wouldn't have as the Aprilia has a ton more hp than the V11 and maybe nothing would have prevented it from spitting out.

Ah, but how many miles are they good for? My M1's are very sticky also, but wore out so fast that the amortization of tire cost plus gas was more per mile than my Chevy Malibu, for heaven's sake! Yeah, I know I should be thinking of how much fun riding is, but it just doesn't seem right. Besides, buying new tires this often is a nuisance.

I'm going to take it seriouslly easy on colder days and the wet burn through these rennsports next summer and switch to diablo stradas or just regular diablos, not sure. I like the price to stick to life of the tire ratios with those.

Ah, but how many miles are they good for? My M1's are very sticky also, but wore out so fast that the amortization of tire cost plus gas was more per mile than my Chevy Malibu, for heaven's sake! Yeah, I know I should be thinking of how much fun riding is, but it just doesn't seem right. Besides, buying new tires this often is a nuisance.

I got about 7000 out of each set (put on 2 sets this year. Currently riding on the Metz. Roadtecs that came with the bike just to finish out the season) and they were ridden pretty hard. They not only did some touring duty with luggage and passenger for 7 days and almost 2000 miles but all the dreary commuting and weekend carving. The harder compound in the middle seems to make them hold up better than they have any right to.

Check apriliaforum.com for parts. They show up all the time.

I witnessed a CHiP go down on his Beemer just like that as he pulled out of a dealership after putting on new tires.

I got about 7000 out of each set (put on 2 sets this year. Currently riding on the Metz. Roadtecs that came with the bike just to finish out the season) and they were ridden pretty hard. They not only did some touring duty with luggage and passenger for 7 days and almost 2000 miles but all the dreary commuting and weekend carving. The harder compound in the middle seems to make them hold up better than they have any right to.

That's not bad. My rear Metzler M1 wore out to the tread right in the middle in under 4,000 miles. I happened so fast it caught me by surprise. Most of the riding was long distance highway, with only my 145 pounds and maybe 5 pounds more in a tank bag.

• 1 month later...
Guest NotRight

If you're still looking for a brake pedal there is a dealer in the U.S. that has some machined replacements. Don't ask me how I know that, but in fact my desparate calls might have prompted them to have that batch made.

I couldn't wait. I bought a used shift lever off of a former member who's V11 burnt up after a crash.

Can't remember dealer's name. Seems like southern U.S. ....busy looking website to navigate.